-G2 Rear Cover
-Two-way Adjustable PHR
-BMR Strut Tower Brace
-Kenny Bell SFCs
-Ebiach Lowering Springs
-LCA Relocation Brackets
-A4 w/ Trans Go Valve Body
-Yank SS4000 Torque Converter

OK, well first off I need to thank PatrickG for specing me a f**kin awesome cam!!!

Anyways after getting the car all loaded up at 3:30am Friday morning I got about three hours of sleep and headed off on the road for four hours to Pro Dyno Tech in Crawfordsville, IN. I got there and he told me to pull the car off of the trailer and up to the door, well it didn’t want to stay running because of all the fuel that was being dumped into it. So he told me to turn it off and he did a little tune just to keep it running so I could get it off the trailer. Well I got it off the trailer and then he did a few more tweaks and it was on to our first dyno run on 93 octane. The whole time while it was going I was going, stay together baby! So with the converter locked it made 428 rwhp and 403 rwtq and the AFR was right on so we did a unlocked run with 93 octane, but I don’t remember those numbers. Then we siphoned the gas out and filled her up with E-85 and he did a few tweaks and onto the dyno we went again! She put down 450.6 rwhp and 418 rwtq! He did a few more tweaks seeing if he could get anymore horsepower, but unfortunately he didn’t because he wanted to leave it a little fat. But all-in-all I was happy with my results!!! Ron is an awesome tuner and I would definitely recommend him to anyone, he knows what he is doing and he can do it fast.

I was literally praying every time he ran it to stay together. I didn’t have any doubts in my engine building but when he did a dyno run it just sounded like he was going to the moon! Before he tuned it and was looking at my cam card he asked me if I fly cut the pistons and I said no and then he said this cam is bigger than the cam in my vette. I laughed and assured him that I had no reason to suspect the valves hitting the heads. He has a C5 Z06 with a LS7 and a cam and full exhaust with some other few things. He makes 575 rwhp and 620 rwtq on E-85 and gets 22 miles to the gallon. It’s a bad *** car he ran a 11.01 in the quarter spinning off the line.

There is one mishap that you will see in the video when I get it all together is the episode of fluid going everywhere!!! At first we thought it was coolant looking at it from far away, but then we thought it was oil and coolant because it was watery and oily. Well we looked all over and just could figure out where coolant and oil would have came from from the top off the engine. The hwe felt it again and smelt it and we found out that it was power steering fluid. On the LS1 the power steering lines run through a hose that has coolant in it to cool down the fluid, well those fittings are on the bottom of the hose I forgot to tighten down. So on the second run when he let off it built up enough pressure to blow the lines off. Luckily that was all it was! Here are some dyno sheets for everyone to enjoy!!!

93 Table

93 Graph

E-85 Table

E-85 Graph

Comparison Graph

Last edited by 2SLO4ME; 05-11-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and to top it off my plate says CORNFED
Old 05-10-2008, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

wow, very cool comparo. and awesome sounding engine. just curious, what is a "dynomite" dyno? never heard of it.

who did the head work?

so the 93 oct. tune was just for comparison reasons? or do you have a copy of that so you can upload it into the pcm if you ever decide to switch back?

where in MI are you? Im in waterford/novi/livonia area's.

chris
Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Launching!

I am not sure on the dynomite dyno, I would assume that is who makes the dyno he uses.

I actually bought the heads from someone here, but on the spec sheet it says that Dream Chaser Racing Engines did the port work and a very good job at that!

Yes the 93 tune was so that I could go back just incase I am not going to be around E-85 when I need to fill up.

I live in Battle Creek, MI. If you want to me up sometime that would be fine. Do you know about MIFBody.com, there is a bunch of us on that forum from all over MI.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats on the #'s they are real strong for your setup!
Do you know what your injector duty cycle was at on e-85?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice numbers for E85.

Bill
Old 05-11-2008, 11:33 AM
11 Second Club

yeah Im on MIfbody too sometimes. been super busy last several months so havent been on the message boards too much. are you goin to the meet and greet? I'll be there for sure again with dads TA. we went last year with both of our cars, were you there? dads TA is a Mecham TA black with silver graphics.

so whats your plan then when you want to switch back, just bring along your laptop and download the tune? that sounds like the only way to be able to go back and fourth.

how much did they charge you for the dual tune? you can PM me if you dont want to post it. just curious if they charged you double or just a little extra for the extra time?

chris
Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01 MidMet WS6
Congrats on the #'s they are real strong for your setup!
Do you know what your injector duty cycle was at on e-85?
Thanks, Ron said it was a really strong runner too. As for injector duty cycle I will have to call him and ask. He didn't mention anything about running out injector at all so I am going to safely assume that I'm in a safe zone, but I will ask.

Originally Posted by Bill Bowling
Nice numbers for E85.

Bill
Thanks A Lot! I was really impressed with my numbers, hell I was impressed when we first did the 93 octane numbers let alone when we did the E-85 runs, lol!

Originally Posted by Irocss85
yeah Im on MIfbody too sometimes. been super busy last several months so havent been on the message boards too much. are you goin to the meet and greet? I'll be there for sure again with dads TA. we went last year with both of our cars, were you there? dads TA is a Mecham TA black with silver graphics.

so whats your plan then when you want to switch back, just bring along your laptop and download the tune? that sounds like the only way to be able to go back and fourth.

how much did they charge you for the dual tune? you can PM me if you dont want to post it. just curious if they charged you double or just a little extra for the extra time?

chris
Yes I will be going to the meet & greet. You dads TA sounds awesome but no I wasn't there last year I didn't have a car and I was on a cruise at that time.

Yeah as for switching I have an older laptop that I have laying around that I'll just keep in my car so I can switch the tunes whenever I need to.

As for a charge I was just charged the flat $450 for dyno tune, I too thought I was going to get charged that plus a little something extra. But he is very good and very fast and it didn't take too long other than figuring out my mishap.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice numbers man. It would be interesting to see the gas mileage difference compared to the cost of a tank of both 93 and e85.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you just swap over to e85 and tune for air fuel ratio or did you increase timing as well. Seems like a great gain over 93 so i am assuming you added timing since e85 is 104 octane.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Launching!

I will definitely be doing that as soon as I get a tuning program. Right now I am stuck with E-85 until then and I can't shut my hood yet being that I have 1994 body with everything else coming form a 2001 SS. Minor detail
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 408trans_am
Did you just swap over to e85 and tune for air fuel ratio or did you increase timing as well. Seems like a great gain over 93 so i am assuming you added timing since e85 is 104 octane.
Yes after tuning for 93 octane we siphoned the gas and put in the E-85 and then did tuning with that. I haven't actually looked at the tuning file but what he said is that he added timing and adjusted the fuel being that it is a higher octane and burns much cooler.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 2SLO4ME
Yes after tuning for 93 octane we siphoned the gas and put in the E-85 and then did tuning with that. I haven't actually looked at the tuning file but what he said is that he added timing and adjusted the fuel being that it is a higher octane and burns much cooler.
Awesome, thats exactly what i was figuring. Either way a 22rwhp increase by switching fuels is a great gain. Even though you get less MPG the fuel is about .60 cheaper than 93 and now you have an extra 20hp to play with. Awesome setup
Old 05-11-2008, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Nice job! I appreciate you taking the time to post up your results.

I'm working on putting together a high compression N/A E85 LT1. What is your compression ratio with those heads?

I'm sure you got plenty of injector left with those 60# injectors
Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

My thoughts exactly 408trans_am! Thanks again!

No problem TheChronic, I'll try to keep updating everyone as I go along with a few tests. My compression ratio is 11:1 with my heads. I wanted to go higher but I still wanted to be able to run 93 too. And I'm I have plenty of injector left that why I bought them, better a little over than not enough at all.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Cool. Wasn't criticizing the injectors, I like the choice! Indeed better to have more than not enough.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Launching!

I didn't think that you were criticizing me at all, I was actually agreeing with you.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

ok, so take the hood off (who needs it anyways right? lol.) and get to the track. we should try to meet up at milan sometime too. we havent raced dads TA yet with the new setup, we had clutch problems and by the time he got enough miles to break in the new flywheel/clutch, milan was closed. the cars an 02 and it only has like 7K miles on it now.

chris
Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stoverz28
Very nice numbers man. It would be interesting to see the gas mileage difference compared to the cost of a tank of both 93 and e85.
You lose about 25% MPG by going to E85.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love E85.