Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Shaw AFB, SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaw AFB, SC

do we have any people on this board that are staioned/ lived there? i got my assignment a couple days ago and ill be there around oct. just wanted to knwo what the area is liek and what kinds of things there are to do. anybody know if there is a track or not?
Old 05-11-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

i think i remember seeing some ppl here on the boards that are out that way. you could get an assignment diversion and end up goin somewhere else. **** happened to me in tech school a few weeks after i got my assignment.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

lol yea iam hoping that i do kinda get a diversion, i got a couple of people working on getting me to barksdale, but iam not gonna get my hopes up or anything. i still got 5 months of waiting thou
Old 05-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea there are plenty of car peeps in Shaw check out carolinarides.com local board with good people..
Old 05-22-2008, 01:13 PM

your units are always coming to Nellis TDY.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by black_dragon_93
do we have any people on this board that are staioned/ lived there? i got my assignment a couple days ago and ill be there around oct. just wanted to knwo what the area is liek and what kinds of things there are to do. anybody know if there is a track or not?
area is slow but has a lot of food places. Only a wally world to shop at outside the base. Pretty low key except for the FS's. What do you want to know??
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Launching!

I'm stationed there as well. I work in AMMO. There are a couple other IBM Goat's on base, but my rear bumper is sprayed silver.

I don't mind Sumter at all. It's a step up from where I was stationed prior to this (Clovis, NM). Yes, there are lots of places to eat around here. Shopping... so far, like Big T said, is Wal-Mart, however there are lots of furiniture stores and other "specialty" shops for things of that nature. Your best bet is Columbia, where they have things like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Traveling, alot of stuff is near by. I go to Myrtle Beach alot, and that's about 90 miles away. There is an 1/8 mile track in Lugoff, I believe, which is about 30 miles away. I never bee there yet, though. There's a 1/4 track somewhere nearby, too... but I haven't looked into it any further than that.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1/8th mile track is in Elgin off hwy 1 you have to drive down a very looong dirt road and the facility isnt that great. Jackson Raceway in aiken,sc is very nice Rockingham and Darlington are also near.

Quick Reply: Shaw AFB, SC