Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rough running after LT/TD install

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rough running after LT/TD install

got my pacesetters and tsp's in tonight, took it for a drive around the block, it is running rough as all hell, shaking, etc. now, we didnt get to putting the 02's back in, but my car has been running fine with them being burnt out for months. also, we plugged the hole on the top of the intake, and deleted the rest of that system (EGR i believe) but when we took off the hoses from the stock manifolds (AIR i think), we just moved them out of the way. i have the speed inc blockoff plates here, we just need to pick up some bolts/nuts to connect them tomorrow morning. so thats all the detail i can think of, been working on this damn car since 8 this morning (its 2:30 am now), hope to see some good ideas when i check back in 5 hours after i get some shuteye
Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 AM
TECH Resident

I just went through a huge headache after my header install.

First of all, get all you block off plates put on, and you sensors hooked up. If it's still running bad...

Did you remove the plugs for the header install? If so, did you possibly drop any of them? If you didn't remove them, or if you dropped one or possibly could have damaged them in any way, REPLACE THEM. I pulled my plugs to check them twice... they looked perfect, but it turned out my miss was coming from a bad plug anyways. I had a hell of a time figuring that out... swapped out the wires, coils, pulled the alve covers, spent hours with a scanner, etc. And all of that because I thought I could get away with only removing two plugs on each side when installing the headers

Hope that helps. The primary O2s are VERY important to your PCM's ability to meter fuel, so get that fixed ASAP.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

running great now.....rented a obd-II scanner, and found out that our dumbasses forgot to reconnect the driver side coil packs late last night before the test drive
Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that'll do it!!!