Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help with stock suspension!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with stock suspension!!!!!!!!!!

Ok well I have a 98 WS6 with about 85k miles on the clock. I noticed 2 days ago that my front suspension sits lower then 2 other fbodys that are also still all stock up front suspension wise. I just went out and measured something and im about 3/4s of a inch lower on the passenger side then on the drivers side. I did remove the front swaybar recently but that should not have anything to do with it. Just by my eyeballing the other 2 cars I saw id say mine is a solid inch lower then there cars...

What do you guys think? IS it time for new shocks/springs up front or is this another problem all together?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stock springs on these cars were never very consistent--and that's what controls the stance. My car was off by an inch from one side to the other and from front to back. I ended up cutting my springs to make it sit evenly. Eventually I bought some Strano springs and those made it even too.

You might check to make sure the springs are all resting correctly in their perches. If they get twisted or someone else installed them incorrectly, that can throw things off by a good amount too.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah il take a good look at it tomorrow and see what I can see. I never noticed it in the 2 years ive had the car so I think its something new but I really dont know. I just noticed it saturday night how much lower my front end is compared to the 2 other cars I was parked with since they thought I was lowered up front
Old 05-12-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

I remember noticing it on my car, i actually tried to convince myself that the street was uneven. Eventually i gave in and realized something was up, but now it doesn't bother me all that much.
-Joel
Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if the other fbody's didnt have 17" wheel/tire packages that sometimes will give the appearance of a lower stance. just food for thought.

replace struts and springs. springs sag over time, and struts are maintance items.