Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudmouth Install

Hey guys, did a search, but didn't come up with anything. I bought a used LM1(old 3 peice design) and I was wondering if I can use the stock mounting rubber pieces, or if I need to find some? The guy I bought it from told me I should get rubber for where it mounts, but shouldn't there be some from the stock system? The car is a 1999 Firehawk M6 with stock everything at the moment.

Thank you ahead of time for your help,
Gary
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

When I did mine I did NOT need any other pieces as the system used all the stock rubber hangars. That was on a 1999 Trans Am. Was an absolute pain in the *** to get the old system out since I didn't have a lift or a sawzall but was worth the effort. Good Luck and hopefully thats what u were looking for.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Exactly what I was looking for. I am using a lift, but the cat back doesn't slide off? Do you have to cut it?

Thanks again,
Gary
Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am installing a LM2 on my Z this weekend. I went and bought a good blade for my hacksaw and sprayed everything that WD40 would work on.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99Hawk6spd
Exactly what I was looking for. I am using a lift, but the cat back doesn't slide off? Do you have to cut it?

Thanks again,
Gary
Well, with the use of a lift you may be able to slide it all out as one piece but deff don't quote me on that. I was just on little ramps and was laying on my back under the car with no downward movement possible for the system. One of two well place cuts should be all thats required and makes things a hell of a lot easier if you dont need the stocker in 1 piece. With a lift, a sawzall and no frozen on bolts that I had to cut off, I probably could get the old one off and new one on in an hour maybe less its that easy.