Sponsored by:

Torquer V3 is in!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
TCW
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Torquer V3 is in!

Just got finished installing a Torquer V3/lid/ls6 intake/pacesetter header/y-pipe/oilpump/ls2 chain/ported TB on a basically stock Transam (cutout).

Had some trouble along the way. I hadn't seen anyone in my searching that took this route, but I stripping my crankshaft threads completely when the long bolt bottomed out/bulged/ then stripped the threads when I backed it out(breaker bar close to top of hood lol[when backing out]). Anyways the route I took was to helicoil, as a tap wouldnt work since there where insufficient threads to work with. Helicoil is now in and the car is running so it works! Also pulled the crank on with a thread rod/nut/washers.

Had 0 oil pressure when starting the car, turned out I broke the OPSU when installing the intake. But figured out autozone carried them for $40.

Car sounds like a beast with no cats and open cutout, but is pretty much silent driving around with stock muffler and cutout closed.

Now the only problem is that sometimes when pulling off from a start I hear/feel rubbing coming from the rear driver tire. I looked under there and the exhaust is in the hanger and a good 6"-9" from the tire. I guess it could be rubbing somewhere else. But again this is only pulling from a stop (sometimes), at first I thought it was the tire losing traction(raining).

Getting the car tuned next thursday.

Any ideas about the rubbing?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

If you are rubbing somewhere there will be some rubbing marks on something. Look for that. Most commonly where the exhaust goes up over the rear axle, between the body and the PHB is where there is some rubbing and might take some adjustment. Just look around for some wear marks somewhere. Poly motor mounts might have been a good idea too before you put the headers on

Old 05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
TCW
On The Tree

Yeah my shifter shakes MUCH more now when the car is trying to hold idle, mayby the tune will help with that a little. I really don't feel like getting any more familar with the engine bay of my car now. Guess Ill get use to the shaking.

For the exhaust, how would I adjust the exhaust if it is say, to far back. I mean its all metal, so unless I cut/reweld theres not much I can do to make it shorter. Guess Ill repost when I get to/feel like checking where its rubbing. If it makes a difference it only did it once today during a 45min-1hr drive which was under a bit of accel while turning and pulling into traffic. Mayby its where the spot enough/shifting itself enough to fix the problem. During a 30 min drive last night it did it about 10 times.

Sorry this problem is in the internal engine sections, but the helicoil might help someone(pm me) as I couldnt find any info.