Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

V8 Eibach spring and stock struts on a V6 Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8 Eibach spring and stock struts on a V6 Firebird?

Hey guys, can I put Eibach springs and stock struts from a LS1 SS on a 1995 V6 firebird? If they will go on the car, will it ride of ok, with the V6 car being lighter in the front. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The strut assemebly is the same. Most parts are interchangable. The car rides a little bit rough compared to the V6 springs. The car will sit up about a inch higher due to the springs rate. Your first impression after the install will probally be that it looks like it has 4 wheel drive and need to be lowered even more, just ride around for a week than you will see how good it looks. Have done this before.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bussiness1st
Hey guys, can I put Eibach springs and stock struts from a LS1 SS on a 1995 V6 firebird? If they will go on the car, will it ride of ok, with the V6 car being lighter in the front. Any info is greatly appreciated.
I don't know why you would bother putting on stock DeCarbon shocks. Thats like using a greasy, dirty rag to wash a very dirty car. It might be a little better than before, but its still not going to be pretty.
If you are just going for the lowered look just buy the springs and throw them on, but don't expect a good ride, or good handling.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Was thinking of doing this, may be able to get these parts for a really good price, trying to keep the budge down. I got the car for a really good steal, car has 132K miles on it, was thinking it may be a good idea to change the shocks and springs, not for performance purposes, I got my 96 Formula for that. Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't change the springs at all. If you REALLY want to, use Strano, BMR or Hotchkis springs. You're really going to need better shocks if you want anywhere NEAR a decent ride, though. In fact, using the stockers could even be dangerous. They're not going to control the car anywhere near well enough. If you can't afford at least Tokicos or KYB AGXs, you shouldn't be modifying the car at all.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Teching In

That's a realley good point dragon, I was wondering how the stockers will do.