Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do you think about this? (lowering question)

Old 05-18-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What do you think about this? (lowering question)

Right now I have the LT1 Prokit on my 1994 Trans Am with Strano revalved Bilsteins. I love the stance and all but it rides kinda rough for my liking and I need some clearance for duals that I want to run eventually, my town is full of speed bumps! Also if I hit a bump too hard with more than 2 people in the car, the rear end will hit the bump stop.

I was looking at BMR, Strano, and Hotchkis springs but can't decide on what to go with. I don't do any canyon carving or auto x. Just straight line driving for me! So what I wanted to do is buy stock rear springs so I could do the hose mod for the rear then just buy the BMR fronts to lower the front of the car. I figure it would work with the revalved Bilsteins, I would gain ground clearance, hopefully a little better ride (comfort), and it would have a little bit of a rake to it so I can run a bigger tire. What do you guys think? I want to hear from the suspension Gods on this one since I'm kinda clueless on the subject.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the interest in our springs. If you change just the front springs should drop the front 1"-1.25" and will not sacrifice any ride quality, however your cars handling will be improved along with its stance. Here's a link to the page where the springs can be found along with some other suspension parts that would be of help. If you have any further questions please contact myself or Lee.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-19-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^I actually prefer your springs more than any of the others! I just don't have the money to buy them right now. I'd prefer to buy all 4 but I'm trying to keep it cheap. I also plan on selling my Prokit after I do buy springs but it is my daily driver so i have to have a replacement before I sale anything.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Talking

Whenever you get ready just give me a call or pm me. The springs are in stock ready to ship. Thanks again.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think about this? (lowering question)