Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

zex ls1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zex ls1 kit

ok guys my car is a 99 t/a with full bolt ons 36-38 vig stall 3.23 gears ls6 cam it made 361 rwhp and 349 torque i wanted to spray a safe and inexpensive kit i was looking at spraying a 100 shot or less but i wanted it to be safe and not harm the engine i will be getting tuned for the nitrous i was looking at the zex kit cause it looks easy to install and every one says its really easy and safe to use.should i get this kit or should i spend the money in another kit thanks in advance
Old 05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

It is a real easy hook up, But for my wallet im going with HSW wet shot that way i have money left for a window switch and RPM pills
Then ZEX direct port LSX set up for my FAST 92/92 down the road..

a window switch would save your tranny in the long run too.. just my .02
Cold plugs would be safe as well..
Old 05-18-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would stay away from Zex, and get an NX kit, or another kit with high quality solenoids.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

I went with a HSW Brute Shot Kit, Ran all the plumbing and hardware, looks simple enough to install the rest
Old 05-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
I would stay away from Zex, and get an NX kit, or another kit with high quality solenoids.
Why would you stay away from a zex kit? If you dont plan on spraying more the 150 shot then it is the easiest and best kits to go with. The noids are the same as any of the kits including dynotunes.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97C5VETTE
Why would you stay away from a zex kit? If you dont plan on spraying more the 150 shot then it is the easiest and best kits to go with. The noids are the same as any of the kits including dynotunes.
First of all their kits are purple. Secondly, most of their kits come with the small solenoids. Thirdly, you get what you pay for. Those are reasons why I wouldnt purchase a zex kit
Old 05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

First of all their kits are purple. Secondly, most of their kits come with the small solenoids. Thirdly, you get what you pay for. Those are reasons why I wouldnt purchase a zex kit
sounds to me that your scared of purple. Second, there little noids are the same size as what you would get with a dynotune base kit. Third, it is the cleanest and easiest system to install. fourth, I would pass on zex bottle heater and purchase a nx or dynotune heater.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

sounds to me that your scared of purple. Second, there little noids are the same size as what you would get with a dynotune base kit. Third, it is the cleanest and easiest system to install. fourth, I would pass on zex bottle heater and purchase a nx or dynotune heater.
I don't like purple. Im sure plenty others dont either. I think the noids that come with a base dynotune kit are shitty too, so what does that help your argument for Zex?

I beg to differ about the cleaness of install, I personally think plates are the cleanest, but that's personal preference.

And you just made my point about the quality of zex products with what you said about the bottle heater.

So youre only reason for choosing Zex and getting the little solenoids is ease of install?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

First of all, unless your homophobic, purples fine.
Secondly, noids are small becuse the kit is designed for a 150 shot max, so you don't need to go bigger.
Third, you do indeed get what you pay for.
Easy, straight forward hookup for a clean installation. Very reliable and nearly foolproof.
Quality is good, over two years on my kit w/o any issue to speak of.
Anything else?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by dannyz
First of all, unless your homophobic, purples fine.
Secondly, noids are small becuse the kit is designed for a 150 shot max, so you don't need to go bigger.
Third, you do indeed get what you pay for.
Easy, straight forward hookup for a clean installation. Very reliable and nearly foolproof.
Quality is good, over two years on my kit w/o any issue to speak of.
Anything else?
Your mod list is made up entirely of cheap *** bolt ons. No wonder you feel so strongly about your Zex kit, it's the best thing youve got.

Good luck getting into the 12s man
Old 05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quantity has a certain quality all on its own.
Kook's = pacesetter's, ory pipe, converter, lid + dr's.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Quantity has a certain quality all on its own.
Kook's = pacesetter's, ory pipe, converter, lid + dr's.
Kooks = 385 + 125 + 450 + 85 + 250 = 1295?? Damn, I didnt realize Kooks doubled theyre prices! Or maybe your math and logic just suck.

It doesnt matter how you rationalize it, youve got a bunch of cheap **** on your car, including the Zex kit.

If that's the best you can do, then thats fine, more power to ya! But don't act like youve got quality **** when you clearly value quantity over quality.

My point is: Zex will work, NX/TNT/NitroDaves will be alot better. And, personally, I wouldn't buy a "budget" Zex kit. Nitrous and budget shouldnt really go together IMO.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yawn........
My parts have been on for a few years now , lid was free, and I didn't adjust for inflation.
Your argument of "cheap *** ****" is clearly your best comeback that dosn't count for much in the area of performance gained per dollar spent.
Point is, as long as your not planning on running a big shot of the juice there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Zex kit.
The other kits will, of course, give you room to grow, but then other factors will come into play, like your fuel system, built tranny and so on.
Now if a fellow is happy with a relatively inexpensive bolt on car with a zex kit that will run well into the eleven's whats your problem with that?
Old 05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
10 Second Club

Yawn........
My parts have been on for a few years now , lid was free, and I didn't adjust for inflation.
Your argument of "cheap *** ****" is clearly your best comeback that dosn't count for much in the area of performance gained per dollar spent.
Point is, as long as your not planning on running a big shot of the juice there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Zex kit.
The other kits will, of course, give you room to grow, but then other factors will come into play, like your fuel system, built tranny and so on.
Now if a fellow is happy with a relatively inexpensive bolt on car with a zex kit that will run well into the eleven's whats your problem with that?
Dude, I didn't come into this thread to tell you to get rid of your Zex kit. 11s, good for you!

I came in here to tell droptop that I personally would invest in a kit of higher quality. At which point you Zex lovers start trying to pick my reasons apart and start calling me homophobic.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Staging Lane

02NBMWS6, you really are a dumb dick. Droptop is only planing on spraying 100 shot which will eventually turn into a 150 shot almost guaranteed. The zex kit is a perfect set up for him or anyone that wants to spray up to a 150 shot. I understand that there are kits out there with BIGGER NOIDS, but he isnt looking for that and in any application of up to 150 shot, the zex kit is by far the easiest and cleanest set up, period. Droptop, I have a bone stock car and with nothing more then a zex 150 shot and my car runs in the 11's every pass. No slicks, no drag radials, no exhaust work, nothing, completely stock. Good luck with your set-up and I do highly recommend ZEX. Oh and by the way, I do own a nx kit that I run on my other car so I do know the difference between the two kits and the zex is by far an easier set up.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

02NBMWS6, you really are a dumb dick. Droptop is only planing on spraying 100 shot which will eventually turn into a 150 shot almost guaranteed. The zex kit is a perfect set up for him or anyone that wants to spray up to a 150 shot. I understand that there are kits out there with BIGGER NOIDS, but he isnt looking for that and in any application of up to 150 shot, the zex kit is by far the easiest and cleanest set up, period. Droptop, I have a bone stock car and with nothing more then a zex 150 shot and my car runs in the 11's every pass. No slicks, no drag radials, no exhaust work, nothing, completely stock. Good luck with your set-up and I do highly recommend ZEX. Oh and by the way, I do own a nx kit that I run on my other car so I do know the difference between the two kits and the zex is by far an easier set up.
Ok, I guess we should all take advice from someone with a BONE STOCK car.

Both my car's would assrape you, on motor alone, but what do I know? I guess i'm just a dumb dick bc I voiced my personal opinion as to why I wouldnt buy Zex.

droptop, I'm pretty sure Ryne is going to tune your car, so ask him what he thinks. Don't listen to some moron with a bone stock car.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Aside from the two girls arguing. Droptop get the Zex if you want it! 100 shot wont last very long till you want to spray higher! Everyone has their opinions! Do what u want but just make sure you get all the must get parts too. Dont get that CHEAP parts mixed up, cuz even HIGH $$$$$ kits fail too! ZEX would be out of business if their kits sucked! O and for the purple bottle hell you can alway repaint it the color you desire! Work with you budget and do what feel good!

All the post above remind me of 4th grade and how we argued about what power ranger was better! LOL

PS: ZEX = $702.61 is not cheap in my book

Last edited by Dr Pookey; 05-21-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both my car's would assrape you, on motor alone, but what do I know? Don't listen to some moron with a bone stock car.

O great another online pissing contest, because he thinks he has a bad *** car that "*** rapes the world!!" Dude go away
Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

haha I needed a laugh.....

the words HOMO and ASSRAPE are used alot in this thread....

)2nbmws6 are you serious whats wrong with his mod list....8 out of 19 ls fbodys have those same mods....kids..............
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Teching In

my zex bottle is polished if that makes a diff lol

Quick Reply: zex ls1 kit