Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new 2 ls1tech

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy new 2 ls1tech

ok well my name is kendra im 17 and i own a 2000 camaro ls1 running 13.1 on the track.. but i've been having some problems with her now, i had gotten in a accident got her fixed and everything but when i had got her back my service light had came on and it felt like if she was choking so i went to get her checked and they told me that my o2s have gone bad but a few days ago i changed out my spark plugs and she started to missfire on the 7 and 8 cylinder so i took her to get scanned to see wats causing the missfiring as it turns out that my o2s are jus fine and the guy told me that my knock sensors could be the problem, but then again he said that it could be the wires, one of the injectors or a broken plug... so could anyone give me any ideas to what it could be since no one can figure out wats wrong with her
Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Damn, 17 w/ a LS1 lol Nice....Welcome to the board!

As far as your car goes, i dont really know what the problem would be...You could always get your plugs checked out and buy some wires and have them replace the wires at the same time. I know its a good idea to change your Wires, when changing plugs.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Teching In

haha yeah i get that alot... i did at first checked my plugs i even took them off and put them bak on but it made it a little better but not the way she use to be, right now i have the msd wires and i was thinking about going to the stock wires and see if that would make a diff but even if that takes care of my miss firing it still doesnt explain y she is choking and i noticed this one time i raced a mustang that im loosing alot alot of power
Old 05-18-2008, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome and nice car

Did you ever change your o2 sensers? And if this started after changing the plugs and Wires Check the gap on the plugs that can really make the car run rough. Also check to make sure you didn't bump any Vacuum lines loose while you where in there.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, then yeaa i wouldnt know lol Idk much about LS1's just yet, but i know how you feel about your car losing power. I had a close call with my friends 07 Tundra (stock), talk about a scare lol yeaa, do what the otha guy suggested though.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Your join date says Aug 07. Weird.

Welcome anyway. Try getting a second opinion on your pcm scan.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Teching In

when i got her scanned they guy told me that my o2s are working fine and that there was nothing wrong with them so that was out of the pic... and i didnt change the wires jus the plugs i even asked the guy if i needed to change the wires also and he told me that there was no need to,and i had my friend put in the plugs for me since i was too lazy to do it and then i took them off and it ended up that he didnt gap them so i gapped them at 60 and that seemed to make a diff but still miss firing and today i changed the wire from 7 to 1 and 1 to 7 to see if it was the wires but it didnt read it..so tomorrow i was thinking about removing the upper intake manifold and inspect the knock and fuel injectors to see if anything is going on there
Old 05-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 954mula
Your join date says Aug 07. Weird.

Welcome anyway. Try getting a second opinion on your pcm scan.
yeah i knoe it says that but this is my first time getting on
Old 05-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Is it setting a service light now? Does the car still have convertors on it? The convertors go bad on these cars alot and that will choke it down fast once the start going. If it does have a service light on what is it?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Teching In

no not rite now at least but this is wat happens wen is does come on it starts blinking alot den i go get it checked den my boyfriend goes and turns it off and after a few days sometimes it comes bak on and it does it all over again... but wat type of convertors would u be talking about?? if ur talking about the cadi convertors then no i dont have them