Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 Chevelle LS2 ?'s

Old 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 Chevelle LS2 ?'s

Well the LS2 is finally in. I had to use the BRP mounts with frame mounts from a 68-72. The Edelbrock headers fit fine but I really do not like the finish on them. The only question I have is I had to remove the alternator due to it being in the way of the rack and pinion steering column connection. Does anybody have any suggestions to relocate the alternator, such as a possible factory set up from another GM. The current drive train is from a 06 GTO. Also I wanted to get a Lokar trans dipstick for a 4L65E but they only sell them for a 4L60e. Is it the same?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Anybody?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

I made my alternator fit by grinding on the steering box(f-body front drive). Took a bit of work but I got the clearance I needed. As far as stock front drive setups that would help you out the corvette would probably be your best bet as it places the alternator up high on the passenger side. As far as the dipstick goes I would imagine it would be the same length but it would be best to check with Lokar on that.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are alt.relocation brackets that move it to the top,these are usually used in turbo applications to make room for the extra plumbing but would work for your purpose too.They obviously are not factory brackets though.Look in the forced induction section and possibly do a search there to find them.They are pretty simple once you see how they are made you can probably fab one up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1967 Chevelle LS2 ?'s