Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My buildup

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation My buildup

ok, im getting ready to pull my motor to do a buildup on it, i just need to make sure what parts im going to need, here is the info on the car and parts...

84 trans am
ls1
t56
stock rear with locker/3.73's
lots of suspension mods
slp loudmouth exhaust
ud pulley
K&n intake

Parts im using
Dart 225 heads (ported)
fast 90 intake manifold (need it ported, any suggestions? price?)
fast Fuel rails
Nick williams 90mm Throttle body
1 3/4 stainless works LT's 3" collectors

Stuff i need
Cam, somewhere around 600 lift and over 230 duration
injectors, not sure what to use 42#??
lifters ls7? caddy?
timing chain ls2?? or gear drive??
clutch??? dont know what to use...dont think ls7 will be enough..
aftermarket rockers? searched around here and seen i dont need them.
cutout
ford 9"? have one, but need to make it work, how much am i looking at?
heads, the heads arent complete, they only have valves, what else will i need? springs etc?
gaskets, bolts, etc anyone know what ill need?
tune, anyone know of ppl in washington that dyno tune?

thanks for the help ppl, sorry for all the q's.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Timing chain/set = LS2 (You can't go wrong)

Most lifters will be fine even stock. I used Comp R's in my old forged motor. worked great.

Gaskets you could use that would work fine would be the stock MLS. Stock head bolts will also work fine. If you have the money ARP hardware is never a bad choice be it studs or just regular bolts.

Heads/Springs. You may want to look into the Patriot Gold series springs if you are wanting to run a fairly healthy cam. If you keep it close to .600ish you can easily get away with shimmed 918 comp springs.

Usually I help people out with cam selection, but I don't know your intentions with this car so it will be tough to answer without some more input from ya.

I would stick with the stock ratio on the rockers (1.7) You could send a stock set to Nasty Performance and they can rebuild them for a really good price. There are a few sponsors that do it as well as Nasty. Cheap and really effective. Last thing you need is a rocker puking needle bearings all over the inside of your new setup.

Look at your clutch as part of the power transfer. Depending on how much power you are pushing I would say that most single disc clutches that are not "stock" will work fine. I don't know anything about how the LS7 hold, but lots of people love it and run it. I use a twin disc because I like the stock feel and smooth engagement. Plus there is always room for improvement in power and no need to worry about "will it hold?" without replacement.

Your injectors will depend on how aggressive your head/cam/intake combo will be. I would assume that you will be in the 430-450 range with the heads you have chosen already. the SVO 36# should be good enough for you. I still run the stockers on mine, but the duty cycle is at 114% WOT. Even the 30# SVO's might be fine.

Vengeance can port match your intake. Contact Ron@Vengeance he will get you squared away with that portion.

That is about all I can think of right now. I will post up more info after I hear back from you.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the help, i thought vengence only ported thier intakes though? ill send him a message and see what he says, i hope to be a little higher than 450hp, the dart heads are ported, i guess it depends on how big of a cam im going to run. thanks again