Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Painting stock twisties...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting stock twisties...

OK, so my stock twisties look like absolute **** up close...Impossible stains to get off, etc. My debate is to buy new rims and less go fast parts, or paint my current rims black, buy some drag radials, and other go fast parts...If I paint the stock twisty wheels black, what kind of paint would I need and is their any specific process I should follow...I'd like to do a little better lookswise than a rattle can job...
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say get wheels, I had stock twisties too and hated them. Really just depends on what you want. The wheels made me feel better about my car, more enjoyable ride when "you" think it looks good.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by colby72olds
I'd say get wheels, I had stock twisties too and hated them. Really just depends on what you want. The wheels made me feel better about my car, more enjoyable ride when "you" think it looks good.
true true...every time I go outside and look at my car from the front or back, i feel good, then I walk to the side and its like sonofabitch...I waxed my car the other day, and it looked amazing, but I can't get the **** off of these wheels and its killing me. I don't want to claybar and polish my car if its gonna look great and then have the wheels throw everything off...At the same time though, I need more speed mods too, haha...
Old 05-21-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea this was kind of my thing too, i hate my wheels. and like you said the car looks great from the back or the front but then its just like bleh...but my wheels are here and tires got mounted yesterday and should be going on soon. i also need to make my car a little bit quicker but im taking care of the appearance/suspension first.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

yea, i got you...i think i am gonna have rims be my birthday present and then i'll buy the tires myself and save for my cat removal, LS6 intake, ported t/b, stall, SFCs, and a tune...