PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankshaft Position Sensor

Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crankshaft Position Sensor

I had a very fun morning as I was driving down a very busy highway went from 3rd - 4th gear only for my car to just bog and die on me

Needless to say I was not happy as I was late for work, late getting kids to school.

The good thing is there are quite a few peace officers and people out there willing to help a disabled vehicle maybe because it is a 1997 (Red) TransAM WS6 or they are just being that generous.
I appreciated there assistance but already made the call to road side assistance.

While I was waiting pulled out my laptop and ran Pro Scan only to find that I have the following codes.

DTC P0335
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Circuit

DTC P0336
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor Performance

Has anyone experienced these codes? What were the symptoms prior to the failure?

I will be replacing this part this evening as I have already ordered a replacement from NAPA but curious as to what I could have done prior till as a preventative maintenance.

Warm Regards,

Bruce
Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

No preventative, no warning they just go sometimes. I have seen it where they will start working again once they cool off, so I guess that kind of a warning. My 94 Camaro V6 has 285K and still has the original crank sensor (knock on wood). Sounds dumb, but they work great right up until they quit.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Well now am thinking that my OptiSpark has gone south as well. As the codes have been cleared and the Crankshaft Position sensor has been replaced. Needless to say the car will turn over but "will not start".
I tested the fuel pump and it passed. Being the engine is turning but not starting I am looking at the ignition system. If someone has any advise to offer I am open to ideas.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Moving this topic over to the LT1 section as the issue is no longer about the DTC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crankshaft Position Sensor