Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LA Invasion Rules per NHRA helmet,cage,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LA Invasion Rules per NHRA helmet,cage,etc.

CAGE:
if you run faster than 11.49 in the quarter with Hardtop or T-Top you need a minumum of a 5point cage

if you run faster than 13.49 in a convertible you need a minimum of a 5point cage.

5-6point cages are good to 10.00.......9.99 and quicker you need a full cage and nhra lisence

if you car traps 135 or quicker you need a full cage,regardess of the e.t

BATTERY RELOCATIONS TO THE REAR OF VEHICLE:

if you guys relocated your battery to the rear of vehicle it must have a shut off switch Push-Pull kind mounted on rear of car.

it also must have a rear bulkhead seperating you from the battery. avail by wolfe engineering.or you can use a battery box. but the only battery box that meets nhra standards is Moroso part number 74050

HELMET:

if you run 13.99 or quicker you must have a helmet that meets or exceeds snell 2000..examples of a few you can have.....SNELL K98, M2000, SA2000, M2005, or SA2005

DRIVESHAFT SAFETY LOOP:

Is required on all vehicles running 13.99 or quicker and running slicks ex. ET Streets

or 11.49 and quicker on street tires.

NITROUS:

Must have a blow down tube run outside the vehicle.

If you are using nitrous you must have at least a fire proof jacket

5 Point Harness "seatbelt"
When your car needs a Cage vert/hardtop you need a 5 point harness "new or recertified after 2yrs from production date"

10.99 and quicker
All of the above plus aftermarket axles, harmonic balancer,full fire suit

135mph trap
full cage,electric shutoff,window net,neck collar,full firesuit

150+mph trap
parachute

Vehicle Registration:
For the few of you that have asked me about this. You DO NOT need a valid registration for this event as it is not a street legal event.

Note: Make sure if you battery is in the stock location that it is secured from any movement at all..this is something all tracks are very **** about

Im not sure what will be implied to the 100th degree at the track but these are some of the basics that us ls1 tech ppl might have to worry about. and track officials are **** about these things so for your own sake you have a few days. get to work.

More information about the track rules can be found here:
http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/dragwayrules/

IF YOU DO NOT MEET OR EXCEED THESE REQUIREMENTS AND ARE NOT GOING TO BEFORE MONDAY; PLEASE SPEAK WITH MYSELF OR MARK "STROKER 396" ABOUT THIS.IF YOU CANT PASS THERE MAY BE SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAN. MARK HAS BEEN TURNING AWAY PEOPLE FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS.

Last edited by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS; 05-22-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS

DRIVESHAFT SAFETY LOOP:

Is required on all vehicles running 13.99 or quicker and running slicks ex. ET Streets

or 11.49 and quicker on street tires.
is this new? i thought it was 12.99 or faster, no matter the tires.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Teching In

do u know if the cars have to be registered?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Good to know, thanks!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fast01z28
is this new? i thought it was 12.99 or faster, no matter the tires.
i think they may have changed it to 13.99 no matter the tires..but im not 100% sure..this is just how i remember it from getting yelled at,at the track so many times. 2008 they may have changed it. i dun have to worry about it persay due to me already having one. but honestly its a good thing to have on ur car no matter what the case..that driveshaft can be visious
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the driveshaft safetly look the one curved plate with 4 bolts right underneath the driveshaft? I took it off because it was scrapping to **** on every speed bump... I can probably just take it with me and install I guess.

As far as the battery goes, do we need an aftermarket bracket to hold it tighter or something? Or is the stock brackets good enough ?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eddielb
is the driveshaft safetly look the one curved plate with 4 bolts right underneath the driveshaft? I took it off because it was scrapping to **** on every speed bump... I can probably just take it with me and install I guess.

As far as the battery goes, do we need an aftermarket bracket to hold it tighter or something? Or is the stock brackets good enough ?
stocks good enough if it has 0 movement front back or side to side...the tech guys generally rip on ur battery like its a 5$ hooker on a friday night

with my optima the stocker wasnt good enough it didnt move side to side or forward but if u push back on it hard enough it would move. i got owned at the track once for that. so i went and bought a 5$ mounting bracket for the long bolt thingy with the hook on one and and the butterfly nut and a 1$ peice of aluminum from the hobby store and came up with sumthing.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

YOu forgot to cover the 5 point Safety belts, they are also requirred at certain points I don't remember what they are, but you can look them up.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stroker396
YOu forgot to cover the 5 point Safety belts, they are also requirred at certain points I don't remember what they are, but you can look them up.
ill update it now its as soon as you need a cage

Last edited by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS; 05-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

the driveshaft loop is something that replaces that piece, it actually has a metal loop that goes around the driveshaft. The piece you speak of was put there for the same purpose, but the stock piece is so flimsy that if the shaft breaks itll rip through that anyway.

As far as battery goes, when i put in my optima i forgot to tighten it all the way with the stock mounts. i still passed tech with it. its not tightened all the way and it doesnt move at all.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where can i get an nhra license?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
A buddy in Tijuana has them on a special right now... $20!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Randi820
do u know if the cars have to be registered?
^^^^^updated ^^^^^
Old 05-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fast01z28
the driveshaft loop is something that replaces that piece, it actually has a metal loop that goes around the driveshaft. The piece you speak of was put there for the same purpose, but the stock piece is so flimsy that if the shaft breaks itll rip through that anyway.

As far as battery goes, when i put in my optima i forgot to tighten it all the way with the stock mounts. i still passed tech with it. its not tightened all the way and it doesnt move at all.
depends on who your tech official is. some will pass you some wont. some will see it but let you slide baised on your mods. they failed me at the vegas speedway because i didnt have an aftermarket strap. like i said it didnt move to the left or right didnt move forward but if u pushed hard enough back on the top of it it would move backward about 1 inch..that was enough to fail me.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
um...not to bust your bubble or anything jose but..your far away from 9.99 or quicker..lol but if your really serious about this..

your answers can be found here

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms.html
Old 05-22-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSMOKIN_Y2KSS
um...not to bust your bubble or anything jose but..your far away from 9.99 or quicker..lol but if your really serious about this..

your answers can be found here

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms.html
damn I have they are not strict on the driveshaft safety loop cause I don't got one how much are they anyways ? I dont think most stockish people even have them huh ?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Launching!

damn I have they are not strict on the driveshaft safety loop cause I don't got one how much are they anyways ? I dont think most stockish people even have them huh ?
they probably wont give you a hard time..as long as u have street tires..dont try and bring slicks
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol **** u lol j.p i will be wayyy past 9.99 when its done just takes time.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

they go for around $100, but i hear they can be a pain to align properly. I hope they dont hassle me too much, ill go through tech on my street tires and put my slicks on in the pits. SHHH nobody tell them.

ill be safe anyway, ive got a steel drive shaft and an auto.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Launching!

slicks+10 bolt=ouch

Quick Reply: LA Invasion Rules per NHRA helmet,cage,etc.