General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light

I head on my way home from work and my check engine light goes on, it has done it before while im stopped at a light, but goes away when I start driving. This time it didnt go away, so I pulled over, shut the car off and restarted it and it went away.
I just installed a set of LT headers and y-pipe, no cats and still getting around to the ovc wires as well as a small oil leak (I think when I installed the cap and rotor to the opti I might have forgotten the o-ring or seal).
I also felt a vibration as I came to a stop, it lasted a moment then stopped as I stood at a light or stop sign.
Not sure if anyone has any ideas, I wont be able to scan it till tmw night. I checked the wires though, they looked ok. Only ideas I have are opti or o2 sensors. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know what the codes are after you scan it. Without 'em, we're shooting in the dark.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the code is scanned, you would also point it to when it started happening, probably when you worked on something, should narrow it down