Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub Thump amp rack and box installed... Not so good

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sub Thump amp rack and box installed... Not so good

Well they make unique and okay pieces but I give the bad with the good and well... if you have other options you may want to go that route! We couldn't get the Sub Thump box in even after sanding it down some. Amp rack didn't fit like it should either. I left three messages for them and still haven't gotten a return call. My amp rack had a broken corner (they pack it without any packing in form fitting cardboard). One of the ears broke and back then they said just fix it. More later on this.

Last edited by Intercooler2; 05-22-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend bought a sub thump steathbox. It fit like crap, he emailed, got no response. I'd NEVER buy from them.

Stick with Kee!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

I already had the box before I discovered Kee. I couldn't believe the rack arrived broken and he wanted me to put mending plates on it. I did but only because I really needed to get it in today. The box not fitting is another story! I now have one of the metal pieces where the plastic attaches to that side will need welded on. I hope at SOME POINT they return my call so I can tell them. Until then I need to cool down since it is the Holiday
Old 05-23-2008, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

They should replace yours and pay for shipping. I have heard a few bad stories about their customer service. I'd NEVER buy from them.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Launching!

i had no issues with my stealth box.... Must have been a new guy working that day
Old 05-23-2008, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have been looking at buying one but not after hearing about this
Old 05-24-2008, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a subthump box and it did take a bit of effort but it fits in the spot. My amp rack had a small corner broken off as well, it was no big deal to me though. It's not like I was planning on putting anything in that corner. My amp rack fit just fine. You sure you trying to mount this stuff properly?
Old 05-24-2008, 02:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the amp rack and it looks fine and fit fine. I also have both sub boxes. The driver side fits fine ih the rear opening. The passenger side does not fit that good.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

I can't excuse the rack having a broken corner. I have shipped a ton of stuff over the years (and I am just a person) and always use a box that will allow plenty of packing. They shipped it in basically a cardboard skin with zero packing. I phoned them when I got it saw it was broke and told them their shipping methods need some attention in a big way.
The box really can only go in one way. In order to do so it has to sit back enough to clear the plastic panel and not be too high so the plastic fits down. Mine was more a problem of the second part. It was just too high and still is even after sanding with a belt. I have one of the metal attaching tabs that will now need welded on because of it and the fit still isn't there. It's in but not what I would call right.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

my stlth box n racks fit fine. Took a bit of work like removing the carpet in the cubby but i got to fit
Old 05-24-2008, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Ive herd that alot of there stuff doesnt fit to good.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the shipping gripe. It's no different than any other major company. Newegg comes to mind, if anyone has bought a PC case, they know that it is shipped out in it's original box. It has nothing but 2 pieces of foam protecting all eight corners. I have received at least 15 cases in the past 100 that has been damaged or bent in some way. Either way sorry it didn't work out for ya, the only gripe I have with mine is that I need to remove it to get the tail light bulbs replaced.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

I have the subthump box in my car. check my cardomain for pics if you want to look. It fits in there fine when the hatch cover is on but when its off it has a gap because my plastic pops out. but other than that it fits great. Then came the moving around problem. i had my ttops off one day just cruising and heard a horrible vibration. the sub box moved out and was hitting the ttops. i went straight to the store and bought some L brackets painted them black and screwed the box in. Still looks great. fits fine and sounds great. AS FOR the KEE guy, not a fan. I called and pmed him for a box and he took forever. Sub thump did me good.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

I'm very leery of ordering anything online anymore.. I ordered a key fob almost 2 months ago from originalkeyless.com I still don't have it..So I went to the dealer and got one..I need to dispute the charges with my credit card company.. LM performance shipped a diablo sport to me promptly. Worked great.. no problems with them at all..great service!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VeitSSki8701
I have the subthump box in my car. check my cardomain for pics if you want to look. It fits in there fine when the hatch cover is on but when its off it has a gap because my plastic pops out. but other than that it fits great. Then came the moving around problem. i had my ttops off one day just cruising and heard a horrible vibration. the sub box moved out and was hitting the ttops. i went straight to the store and bought some L brackets painted them black and screwed the box in. Still looks great. fits fine and sounds great. AS FOR the KEE guy, not a fan. I called and pmed him for a box and he took forever. Sub thump did me good.
Same gap! That middle one just wouldn't latch and they had tried enough to where now I have to get it welded back on. Probably just leave it hanging up in the air.

Still waiting on my call
Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Intercooler2
Same gap! That middle one just wouldn't latch and they had tried enough to where now I have to get it welded back on. Probably just leave it hanging up in the air.

Still waiting on my call
I think we are talking of different gaps but still its from the box. mine is latching fine just the bottom of it sticks out... ill try and get some pics up tomorrow if i can figure out how.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
11 Second Club

I will try to get some pics today. I have the other gap too I believe.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Mine fit pretty well, I dunno what they did to you guys boxes/racks.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Here is the broken end where I had to put a mending plate over it with screws and epoxy to hold it in place. They knew exactly what it was when I phoned so it happens often. Well gee.... do something with the packaging! Cost about $4.00 to fix but also some of my time.

Last edited by Intercooler2; 12-09-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Here is where the box had to be ground as much as we could to allow the plastic to sit down and back.

Last edited by Intercooler2; 12-09-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Sub Thump amp rack and box installed... Not so good