General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

couple of stupid questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of stupid questions

what exactly is this rod on top of the intake that i have circled in the pic? because i'm missing the end cap on the one on my driver's side... does it even matter that it's not there?!

also... where can i get my car scanned to see if i have detonation or timing issues? the car runs fine, no misses, but at WOT it sounds like have little BB's in the motor and a knocking sound.... i've tried different gas stations (93 octane everytime) also i cleaned my maf... it's worse in hot weather.... can somebody help me out here
Attached Thumbnails couple of stupid questions-engine.jpg  
Old 05-22-2008, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

That is the shrader valve. Kinda like your tire valve it is used to release pressure/excess fuel from the system when needed (ex. Changing fuel filter)

Should be fine without a cap but a cap probably looks better
Old 05-23-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brandon_01_ta
what exactly is this rod on top of the intake that i have circled in the pic? because i'm missing the end cap on the one on my driver's side... does it even matter that it's not there?!

also... where can i get my car scanned to see if i have detonation or timing issues? the car runs fine, no misses, but at WOT it sounds like have little BB's in the motor and a knocking sound.... i've tried different gas stations (93 octane everytime) also i cleaned my maf... it's worse in hot weather.... can somebody help me out here

Any auto parts store should be able to scan it for you.