Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

why choose adjustable??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default why choose adjustable??

I am curious as to what the benefits are of choosing adjustable suspension parts over non-adjustable... If someone could tell me the benefits for each individual part (panhard, LCAs, torque arm, etc.) and the affect that adjustable would have I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
I am curious as to what the benefits are of choosing adjustable suspension parts over non-adjustable... If someone could tell me the benefits for each individual part (panhard, LCAs, torque arm, etc.) and the affect that adjustable would have I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks.

panhard centers the rearend and is needed when lowering a car.

LCA's adj. adjusts the center of the wheel in the wheel well.

torque arm allows you to adjust how hard the tires are "hit"

Chad
Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Adjustment on the PHB and LCA's allow you to correct axle alignment issues. That can be the axle off center vs. the body (which the PHB works with) or the axle being crooked when viewed from above (thrust angle) which the LCA's can deal with. Depending on the car, both might be needed.

As for the torque arm adjustment. You may or may not need that to fix a pinion angle issue, most don't. However, you can also use it to add some negative pinion angle to compensate for the rotation of the axle under power and give you a nice straight shot from the trans to the rear end, which wastes the least amount of power. Some also think that it "plants" the tires better, which is forever argued by everyone and their brother.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!