Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

amp remote wire

Old 05-23-2008, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp remote wire

can i pull a remote signal from the factory amp connection? I know that e11 and e12 are are fuse input feeds but im picking up 12v when the car is turned off from these pins. im confused please help.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

those pins i think are for the memory so the set radio stations arnt erased or clock isn't unprogrammed. not sure if the remote signal goes to the constant current

what are you hooking up?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The factory amp doesn't have a remote turn-on connection. It uses signal sensing to turn on when there is an audio input signal present.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The factory amp doesn't have a remote turn-on connection. It uses signal sensing to turn on when there is an audio input signal present.
Thanks, that what i figured since i was picking up 12v to both wires even with the key off. I ended up just running the remote to the back of the factory head unit pin #9 on the c1 pin connector, its a yellow wire.(for any future readers)

I hooked up a mono amp and a 12" sub on the factory system. I tapped in the amp connector speaker inputs to pull a signal to my hi/lo convertor built in my amp. Pretty easy install, I did the same thing on my wifes hhr ss last week but I was able to get a remote from the factory amp as well. And the battery comes in the back of those things, its pretty sweet. It was the easiest install ive ever done. Anyways thanks for the input.

Search this Thread