Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms kit

I just bought a Supercharged 2001 SS M6 with about 650 horsepower. And the car came with an adjustable panhard bar and control arms kit, although I don't think the guy wanted to throw them in. He originally said they came with the car when he offered if up for sale a few months ago, then before i bought it, he bought back his old stock 2001 SS M6 car because he said it was fun to drive. And although he hasn't exactly said he wants the bars to put on his other car, i kinda get the feeling thats what he wanted to do, 'cuz he isn't answering when i call anymore after i mentioned i needed to pick up the panhard bar kit.
So i finally got the bars, but i am an LS1 and want to know if the stock panhard bar and control arms will hold up under that much horsepower or if there is a chance of them braking or wearing out faster? Do these red ones offer more strength along with better traction? Or is there main purpose designed for better traction? If my stock ones will hold up I might just give him back the bars, because he told me a couple months ago he bought them brand new at a swap meet for $50 and i don't feel the need of ruining a friendship just because he changed his mind about including the bars with the car when he finally sold it, although he hasn't told me that.
Attached Thumbnails Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms kit-panhard-bar-kit.jpg   Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms kit-panhard-bar-kit-underneath.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

At your power level, you need them way more than he does (the LCA's that is). The panhard is just to center the rear if/when you lower the car.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, you need them because of your HP/TQ levels....stock will not hold up or help with your traction. If he needs the LCA's and PHB sell them back to him and buy some new ones...that way the friendship will not be strained and you'll both be happier for it.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The stock ones aren't going to withstand very much abuse. We offer several different styles of the parts that you are needing.
The non-adjustable tubular control arms are fabricated from 1.625" x .120" DOM tubing or in the optional 1.625" x .083" 4130 chrome moly option.
The "On-Car" adjustable versions are made from 1.25" x .095" 4130 chrome moly tubing. These control arms use custom 3/4" heavy duty chrome moly double adjusters for the street version and HD XR series QA1 rod ends with stainless spacers for the race version. Both models can be adjusted "on-car".

PHR002 - Standard "On-Car" adj w/poly ends - $134.95
MPHR002 -Chrome moly "On-Car" adj w/poly ends-$169.95
MPHR003-Chrome moly "On-Car" adj w/ rod ends-$185.95

Give me a call if you have any further questions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 05-28-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are all you guys getting this from? You'll be fine. I raced my car with all the stock rear suspension parts launching on my 12 bolt with ET Streets at 5,000+ rpms many times with no problems at all. The most likely thing to break I think would be the torque arm if anything. I've never heard of anyone breaking a control arm.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Where are all you guys getting this from? You'll be fine. I raced my car with all the stock rear suspension parts launching on my 12 bolt with ET Streets at 5,000+ rpms many times with no problems at all. The most likely thing to break I think would be the torque arm if anything. I've never heard of anyone breaking a control arm.
I think the stock torque arm broke on the previous owner almost a year ago and he replaced it with one of those red tubular torque arms, but the car still has the stock panhard and lower control arms. One of my friends said they should be fine, but i'll just be spinning my tires instead of grabbing traction. I don't plan on going to the track anytime soon and even if i do, it will just be once in blue moon. I just plan on making it my daily driver , horsing around with it and maybe going to some out of town car shows.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you're going to break your panhard rod or lca's on the street, if anything you'll have traction issues, once you think about racing it on sticky tires then look into getting some c-moly chassis parts.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Panhard and Control Arms kit