Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Head Gasket

Ok guys, im in the market for a new set of head gaskets. Now i know my car currently has felpro gaskets on it, and they are the same thickness as the stock ones, however im unsure of what material they are. But that is about were my knowledge on this subject stops. From what i have gathered MLS( multi layered steel) is the way to go. Now im not sure what thickness stock gaskets are and if you could let me know that would be great, i didnt see it on any of the searches i did real quick.
Also my engine is a cast iron 370 ls1, so im not sure what the measurement on the bore size is, again if you could let me know, i would appreciate it. I havent got the heads off as i need them on so that i can drive the car to where i can work on it, plus i dont really have the tools to get the bore size.
Im quickly asking this in the hope to gather information faster then searching everything out, and im sure yo uguys are more accurate then whatever websites my search will end up at with there information. And i would like to order them today ro tomorrow so that i can get them recieved and put on by this weekend.
Im also sorry if this is in the wrong section i couldnt decide which to put this in the bolt ons or internal. Once again thanks and any help is appreciated.
Tyler