Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove my A/C?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How do I remove my A/C?

I just moved into a house finally, and I have this newfangled thing called a garage! I'm making it my man-space and will be getting jacks, shelves, pans, more tools, etc..

I don't want to do more than is needed, anyone have any step by steps or links to a write-up?

I took a few lines and bolts off, and it almost seemed like the water pump hoses need to come off, and I don't have pans or sawdust/cat litter yet so I put it back together for now....

all help is appreciated
Old 05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unbolt the AC unit and follow the lines, its pretty simple. Make sure its empty first, you dont want to breathing in any of those fumes. I lost a decent amount of weight off my front end with the AC, AIR and EGR all out.

the water pump hoses dont need to come off. the whole unit is held on by 4-5 bolts i believe, it should come right down with those off
Old 05-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ah, ok, I found the 4 bolts that go in at the top of the compressor on it's side, where's the 5th one? I'll jackit up and take a peek I suppose
Old 05-27-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by removing the AC you save a good amount of weight and also clean up the engine compartment, and dont forget that its going to make it allot easier to change your spark plugs