Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Anyone here with A&A's Vortech supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here with A&A's Vortech supercharger?

I'm buying the kit this week and wanted to see who here has it and how your liking it. I'm upgrading to a T-trim and 8 rib, but I'm also getting a blower cam, ARH LT's w/catted X-pipe, and a Textralia 0Z700.

If anyone installed the kit their self, how was the install? Any advice or things to look out for? I'll be installing the kit in my garage. I know Andy sends out a crank pinning kit. Was it pretty easy? Will a 18V Ryobi cordless drill handle the task?

How was the installation of the gauges? Do you have to take out the dash or is there a better way? I think I have the hardest part taken care of (clutch install) because I'm getting a local shop to do it. As far as I know everything else should be pretty accessible and easy with the car on the floor.

Anyway I'm pretty excited about getting it put on. What kind of power are you guys making with it and with how much boost? I still haven't picked out the cam I want to run yet, but I'm thinking around a 222/228-114LSA. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys,
Jon
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

I would talk to andy about some of his cams or some of the other FI sponsors on here with the right cam and T trim you should be able to hit 600-650 with 10lbs pretty easy just depends how hard you want to push it.wouldnt go any futher than that if that far without forged shortblock.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Teching In

My buddy has the A&A S trim, kooks headers, cam (don't know the specs), methanol injection, and a tex OZ700 and he is putting down 640rwhp. After driving his car I bought the A&A S-trim, ECS Blower Cam, ARH Longtubes, Fidanza dual disk and a bunch of other stuff.

I can't comment on the install because it is all sitting in the loft above my garage. My wife says I can't install anything until I finish remodelling the basement.

You're gonna LOVE it!

Charlie
Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by montac
I can't comment on the install because it is all sitting in the loft above my garage. My wife says I can't install anything until I finish remodelling the basement.
Dude, you need to get rid of the skirt and steal your pants back.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 AM
Teching In

^Haha. i knew some one would call me on that. I get **** from my friend all the time. I keep telling myself I I haven't installed it yet because I'm still waiting on some supporting mods but the truth hurts.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 AM

I told him take off the skirt put is pants back on, take his ********* out of her purse and start the install!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

I am about to get the A&A vortec kit, and American racing headers, and x pipes, and a a cam. putting on a 07 C6. how long will the stock clutch last on the street and street tires? and how much power? i am not sure how big a cam i want. I have a X1 in my TA, and have have not experince with a blower cam. hopw do they drive/idle?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Bump....no responces?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:54 PM

Should Have Never Bought A Vortech Ive Done Lots Of Installs On Vortech And Always Seem To Have A Problem With Something Never Working Or Fitting Right. If I Was You Id Get Rid Of It And Get A Procharger
Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ADKINS PERFORMANCE
Should Have Never Bought A Vortech Ive Done Lots Of Installs On Vortech And Always Seem To Have A Problem With Something Never Working Or Fitting Right. If I Was You Id Get Rid Of It And Get A Procharger
He's not buying Vortech's kit, he's buying A&A's Vortech kit which is completely redesigned, just utilizes Vortech's head unit.

About the blower cam, I ended up using a G5XB from LG which has been a great cam for me.

Stock Bottom LS1 @ 10lbs, G5XB, Full exhaust making 640rwhp. Drivability is great too. Cant complain.

Jon
Old 11-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

I had the A@A Vortech kit and loved it. I had the older one were you had to move the radiator to install the kit. It wasn't bad. I did it all in my garage. When I was putting on the supercharger I upgraded to a blower cam and valvetrain kit. I had the LG street headers and the car ran 10.70's at 131-133. I decided one day to sell the kit and buy twin turbo kit. That was something I regret to this day. The turbo kit sounds cool but has been a pita since I bought it. You can't go wrong with Andy's kit. He was very helpful with mine.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ProjecT 9
He's not buying Vortech's kit, he's buying A&A's Vortech kit which is completely redesigned, just utilizes Vortech's head unit.

About the blower cam, I ended up using a G5XB from LG which has been a great cam for me.

Stock Bottom LS1 @ 10lbs, G5XB, Full exhaust making 640rwhp. Drivability is great too. Cant complain.

Jon
I put in the G5XB cam this year, what a difference over the other performance cam. LG great job!!! I am one happy customer.

Thanks Bobby!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another broken trans. That sucks to hear.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Andy is a good dude. I had A&A build me a motor and I am one of the first to ever run a YSi in a Z06. I run the A&A bracket system on my blower as well.

403ci + Intercooler+Methanol + Pump gas+ 16lbs on the YSi = 850+rwhp

Andy stands behind everything he sells !

Here is my full setup on Vortech's site. The screwed up and put the car has 1000rwhp....it does not. It is over 1000hp on the motor not the rear wheels.
http://www.vortechsupercharger.com/g...?gik=341&cat=5

Last edited by MotleyDrew; 11-02-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MotleyDrew
Andy is a good dude. I had A&A build me a motor and I am one of the first to ever run a YSi in a Z06. I run the A&A bracket system on my blower as well.

403ci + Intercooler+Methanol + Pump gas+ 16lbs on the YSi = 850+rwhp

Andy stands behind everything he sells !

Here is my full setup on Vortech's site. The screwed up and put the car has 1000rwhp....it does not. It is over 1000hp on the motor not the rear wheels.
http://www.vortechsupercharger.com/g...?gik=341&cat=5
1000 at the motor and not at the wheels. They need to get that corrected. People might think you have a quick car.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WHPLASH
1000 at the motor and not at the wheels. They need to get that corrected. People might think you have a quick car.
they fixed it today

Quick Reply: Anyone here with A&A's Vortech supercharger?