Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

95 LT1 Formula

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 LT1 Formula

Might be picking up a 95 LT1 Formula hardtop. Its the light blue color. Now I absolutely hate the formula front end and rear hatch. Can I change it directly over to a TA hatch and TA front end? What hood options are available for the LT1s? I've always been workin with the LS1s and have never really paid much attention to the LT1s. Thanks for the info!

Jeff
Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

The T/A hatch will bolt right up. I'm almost certain that the front bumper cover and the rear bumper will too. But if you go with the side ground effects to get that full t/a look, you'll be drilling holes for those mounts. Hope it all works out for ya!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

Any idea what itll cost to get the hatch painted? I'm thinking I might paint the hatch black and the top black, along with the hood (Would get the WS6 hood)... different but IDK what I am going to do yet!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, you'd have to have a local quote you a price on the paint. First (if this is the route you chose) the painter has to match the color. Then, they will suggest the amount needed...shouldn't be much for just the hatch. After that, you have to consider clear coat ect...

Heres what I would say: If its at all practical, take the time to sand and prep everything yourself, buy the paint, and spray it yourself. Do a search. There should be many threads on here for prep/paint. When I repainted my rear bumper panel (from sun damage), it spent $60 on a pint, already mixed. I have a good gun, water/air seperator, and compressor. I did the work and sprayed it myself and with unbiased opinions, it came out looking factory. I enjoyed it and learned a lot along the way. Hope this helps a little. Good luck!