Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

MachineTech in Oceanside

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MachineTech in Oceanside

Anyone dealt with them? I might be taking my AFR's there to get milled to 62cc, but when I called they wanted to do a valve job too. I dont really want someone ******* with the valve angles if they arent extremely skilled at it. And they only wanted like 250 for the valve job so that had me wondering. The guy on the phone sounded like he thought it was wierd that I was just going to get them milled and bolt them on....
Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Did you talk to Bill? They're one of my customers at Manley, but that's all I know.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

I don't have any experience or story with that shop. I can tell you to contact Mike Mendenhall in Santee (619) 328-6588 and see what he has to say about it. He's been in the racing heads business for 20+ years and probably the top guy, concerning heads, in San Diego county. He's an old time short track racer with stock cars. He can definitely tell you what the right answer is for your situation.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Launching!

I would not take them their. A while back I had them resurface a fly wheel and then asked them to ballance it. They looked at me really funny like and said that I should never have to do that. Well put it in and had a really bad vib. Took it back out and over to Smoky's and had 54 grams pulled out of one side to make it right again. Mike Mendenhall is not a bad guy to take them to if you want to keep it local ish. He is in El Cajon. I would take them to West Coast Cylinder Heads. I believe they are top of the line when it comes to heads. Some of the fastest LS powered cars run heads that he ported.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Im going to give Mike Mendenhall a call and see what he thinks. This car isnt going to be a max effort race car so I'm not too concerned with leaving some power on the table. I just want them milled to the proper combustion chamber size and someone to go through them and check everything out.

Quick Reply: MachineTech in Oceanside