Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

antenna

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna

my antenna will not go down still makes the noise like its going down but its not moving tryed pushing it down but it will not move anybody have a fix for this with out buying a new one thank u
Old 05-29-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no fix ... Get a new power antenna with the motor.. The plastic gears inside are broken. I had to replace mine recently also..
Old 05-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The mast is replaceable and has a plastic gear strip, which may be chewed up. (A replacement mast will cost you much less than a new unit and is a lot easier to install - if that's your problem.)

If no results, take off the cap/hold-down nut at the base of the antenna. (It may need a spanner wrench or may have two flat indentations for an adjustable wrench.) Have someone turn off the radio and then turn it on - to extend the mechanism.
As its going through extending, pull really hard on the mast and pull it out off the car. You should then be able to inspect the ribbon to see what's going on.

When you do this - be sure to make note which way the teeth face on the gear ribbon. The antenna installs back in by threading the ribbon in with someone turning the radio off - but the teeth need to be pointing the right direction.