Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

jvc kameleon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default jvc kameleon?

i had the last model in my bird until i started the motor swap and i sold thiking i was gonna do a carputer, but i like the look of this thing but best by says it wont fit my question is are they wrong? i know anything can be done but i was just curious why they said it wont work
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't see why it wont fit, however you'll need to cut off part of the back support or it will stick out. This is true in almost all cases though.

I'm running a JVC AVX11 which is similar to the AVX44 kameleon in my SS and I had no problems installing it, I had already cut the back support when I installed an Alpine before.

Here's mine, the screen is tilted so it is sticking out a little more than it does when tilt isn't being used.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

thats what i figured it was the back support that was in the way, mine is already gone too. sounds like i need to find one local and pull it out of the box. thanks
Old 05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By carputer what do you mean? The double din receiver? if so ,I'm installing one in mine right now and it fits..Do a search..Lots of stuff on it..
Old 05-29-2008, 07:02 PM
TECH Veteran

yeah i have searched on that i was following infinitereality's thread pretty heavily but, im not sure what i want to do and was looking for other options, if i do carputer or carpc ill end up making custom center console to make a few other things work with it and ive been working on this car for 2 years im ready to drive it instead of stare at it