General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

!!!Help...weird problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!Help...weird problem!

For the past while, my ws6 has been reving up and down at random times between 500 - 1600 rpm...

anyway, last week I upgrade to a 160 amp alternator, and the week prior to that I did the big 3. Today, I was cruising along a flat road, and downshifted to second from third...about a second later the car basically restarted. All of the gauges reset, and the lights came on...pretty much as if i turned on the car. Anyway I was like wtf...so I punched it again..same reaction (different gear).

Now..I know im due for an oil change, but this seems a little drastic. Also, I think it's an electrical problem because my 100 amp ANL fuse is basically melted :S...there is nothing hot around it, it's mounted near the wheel well...I tested ALL of my grounds..nothing has came up above 4 ohms. Also, before I installed the alternator I tried cleaning my mass air flow sensor, but didn't fix the problem.

1) are the idle problem / resetting problems separate
2) what are your suggestions for testing...

thanks guys..

s

Last edited by waltonscott; 05-30-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

TTT...IAC or TPS for the idle problem? Im going to run a scan tonight..need some help diagnosing the car restarts...
Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

...anyone???