Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

question about my set-up

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about my set-up

I have been looking for replacements for my sail panel speakers. I just orderd some Elemental Design 7Kv.2 Subwoofer's but they are on back order. I also have ready to install a stealth box w/ a 10" sub and a small amp. Would I be better off just buying nice mid-ranges for the sails and re-routing the hatch speaker wires up there and using the 10" sub in the back or having the 10 and the 2 Edu's? I'm just looking for a nice sound not a thumper. A JVC hu is on the way too if that matters. What do you think?

Brady
Old 05-30-2008, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could go with just mids and not coaxials but don't know how that would blend with everything else. I do know going back with the Kee Bazookas is a nice upgrade and meshes really well. On 10 in the rear does just fine as long as it is powered well and a good one. I couldn't imagine mine with two and I really like keeping the jack in place.

Oh. You can make the whole thing play just great off the stock Monsoon unless you want to change for something with more features or bling.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 06-03-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just changing the HU for something more eye catching and i really like the Ipod control....

Anyone else have any input on just using a 10" sub and using the hatch speaker wires to power mids in the sails?

Brady

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 06-03-2008 at 07:37 AM.