Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats some odd and end stuff to think about? getting ready to put a motor together

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Whats some odd and end stuff to think about? getting ready to put a motor together

Alright guys just figured I would ask what is some things that you usually forget when getting ready to put a motor together. This way I dont have to stop in the middle of it bc I forgot to order something lol..

I've got bearings, rods and pistons and all the hard parts. Just wondering about the small things that slows up progress. Bc once I get started I dont want to stop, I want to finish the damn thing.

So whats some things I need to purchase before I start this build?

I was thinking definitely some ARP assembly lube for the bearing and cam and all that good stuff. Whats some others.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't know much about a build since I ordered mine, but I know that feeling. I have been installing my 408 for about 3 months now and have to keep stopping because I have to order more stuff. Such as those vent seals on the heads, trans seal that goes into the driveshaft side, different balancer, some ARP bolt for the flywheel/pressure plate...I did't trust the stock bolts.