Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed XS Headers today

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed XS Headers today

Well today my dad and I installed a set of XS headers and Ypipe. I had the headers modified to add air and egr tubes.

Here is my experience.

The removal of the manifolds and ypipe was more time consuming than installing the new setup.

Both headers slid up without any issues. The key is to get the car up high. I took the tape measure out and the floor boards were 20" off the ground.

We had to grind a little of the k member on the drivers side.(not to get it up in place but to give the headers a little more clearance when the engine torques.)

Both headers required the front and rear bolt holes to be bored out a little to get the flange to line up with the heads. 2 minutes with the dremel.

We were able to get the ypipe in place using a little muscle. (Cats will be welded on early next week). The drivers side header does point upwards but the exhaust shop I deal with said they can modify it to work.

I have not fired it up as I'm installing fast 92 intake and NW TB tomorrow.

I think when the new version hits the LS1techies soon there will be some very happy customers. Overall i am pretty happy with the product.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

nice congrats u will love them!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just curious. i havnt heard much about these headers. how much are they and what are the specs?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Glad your went in well too. I loved how easy they are to install. I just don't understand why people would want to pay more just so they have to remove steering/starter and anything else that happens to be under your car. You get what you pay for. You also get what your intelligent enough pay for.

If I remember right, the headers were $400 when I bought them. The price might have gone up slightly since then from one of LS1Tech's sponsors.

I've had mine for a year or so now and they still look awesome. Defiantly a good choice for budget header.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new budget priced stainless LPP ones are supposedly not affiliated with the ebay company, and is a different header.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

The new LPP headers are due out soon and should yield some great results. I have had these one kicking around since last summer and finally found time to install them.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

When I had my Nissan I had an XS header on it. Quality product.