Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Soon installing Mocal pump and restircotr to STS....input appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Default Soon installing Mocal pump and restircotr to STS....input appreciated.

Got my Mocal pump and a -3AN adapter w/ .082, .072, and .046 nitrous fittings today to once and for all fix the oil blowby on my rear-mount that STS was too cheap to engineer properly in the first place.

Here's my Q's:

1. Mocal pump looks like the fittings from the STS "bilge pump" will thread into it. The Mocal pump has a red and black wire. Assuming red is +. Since it's a return pump, does the wiring have to be reversed to "pull" the oil? Also, ny break-in" procedure for the pump. It doesn't come with instructions.

2. The oil feed line to the STS is a -3 that has a brass AN style fitting going into the check valve and then into the turbo. Is it a true 45* AN fitting or a 37* "pipe" fitting. Makes me wonder since the connector is brass and the pipe sitting would be the "cheapass" way to attach the line. Also wondering if the nitrous adapter can scew into the STS check valve (the output for the nitrous restorictor fitting is a 1/8NPT.

I could probably crawl under the car and answer my own Q's......but after 6 beers I'm refraining (would probably get stuck and pass out)

Anyhow, input appreciated. Will post pics tomorrow (once I'm sober ) and document the difference from the STS and Mocal pump. Will also test-drive the car and document if the Mocal pump alone is sufficient for oil scavanging or which of the above restrictors + the pump cures the "oil in intake" problem. Will use oil vapor/residue in the intake off the turbine as the basis for this.

BTW, I run SD, so oil the small amount of oil seeping into the intake isn't too much of a prob (no MAF to worry about), but the same oil seeping into the exhaust is making the car smell like a Saudi refinery.....

Again, input appreciated.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is hook up the standerd way as far as power supply. But as far as the fittings I cant tell you the sive because I run a differnt turbo and I have bigger lines. I have zero oil comin out the tail pipe and my motor sees abotut 70 -80 psi at wot.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Mine is hook up the standerd way as far as power supply. But as far as the fittings I cant tell you the sive because I run a differnt turbo and I have bigger lines. I have zero oil comin out the tail pipe and my motor sees abotut 70 -80 psi at wot.

Appreciate the info

Quick Reply: Soon installing Mocal pump and restircotr to STS....input appreciated.