Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody runnig NOS with Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody runnig NOS with Procharger

I was told to not run nitrous when I install a procharger has anybody done this or should I not do it.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Anybody runnig NOS with Procharger

I'm no pro, but I seen lots of mustangs at the track doing it. I have a friend with a outlaw 10.5 car that ran a roots blower and a 300 shot. But ended up turning the boost way up and went faster with out the NOS
Old 08-24-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I ran nitrous for a year, and then I installed the Procharger, running eight pounds. I did drill the air plenum for the nitrous fittings, but I've not had the ***** (or maybe stupidity?) to try it on top of the boost.

Mike M
Old 09-01-2003, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how much you want to spray. A 50 or 75 shot will supercool the boost charge and give a bigger boost in power. Also, how well is the motor built. All forged internals, billet caps, fully studded, and yes you can hit a bigger shot with forced induction.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Vortech YS-Trim, w/200 shot here. Got have the very strongest internals or forget it!
Old 09-02-2003, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Stealth, do you have any site, pictures, times, stats on your car. I have been thinking of doing the same.

David
Old 09-05-2003, 01:49 AM
Teching In

I know that there are quite a few LT1 guys doing it. I thought about a Procharger right after I got my car but ended up going to the N20 instead just for ease of installation, but I was curious about running the two together. I looked around over at cz28.com and combination motorsports seems to be the place to go for the two power adder setups, but I don't have the money to even think about it The new tranny kind of cut into the horsepower fund for a while.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

We have a local guy here doing it VERY succesfully. I would say he is in the 600+ rwhp catagory at present time. I belive he is spraying a 100 shot...not 100% sure though. He and the tuner (jeremy at Fasterproms) have done alot of research to get it right. A few different combos. Id say hes trapping over 130 right now. Unfortunately he rarely posts here. Maybe ill get him to chime in.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

i'm thinking about running a smaller shot (50-75) into my motor once i get the vortech aftercooler... definitely gotta make sure your internals are all forged and in prime shape, charge cooling system is a must as well. I've seen a lot of Mustangs running n20/boost but not as many f-bodies... my buddy evilstang runs n2o on his 11 psi vortech setup on his 98 cobra, i'll ask him about it if i get a chance.
Old 09-05-2003, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Navy David SS,
A video of my last NHRA licensing run was at www.garysdecks.com/clips/stealth.htm. I have a lot of home video but don't know to post it. Will have pics later this month, after we put the car back together after puttng receiver grooves in the block and changing to 9/16" head studs.

If want to build a YS-trim car on NOS, you should plan to replace virtually every part on the car, and add parts such as NOS controller, engine management system, water injection, huge intercooler, etc. Very expensive project with many grimlins.

Quick Reply: Anybody runnig NOS with Procharger