Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector duty pretty high...what to do?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector duty pretty high...what to do?

problem 1:

alright so heres the deal. i finished installing my hsw dry plate kit today and sprayed a 75 shot tonight because im a noobie and my car is pretty stock. well i too k it out and my tuner had the computer hooked to hp tuners so we logged everything. afr is around 11.7 on spray which i was told by hsw that is right where you wanna be. my biggest thing is on the spray my injector duty is at 89% on just the 75 shot. i wanted to go to 100 shot but is it safe to do so? my other question is that should i replace my fuel pump first or should i replace my injectors. if i replace injectors how big should i go since i plan on going to the 150 shot later down the road. i dont plan on doing a cam or anything major just headers and exhaust thats about all for the time being. ive got a 3200 stall goin in with a trans go shift kit so i hopefully will be a fairly good sneaky street car.

problem 2:

i have harris's interface nitrous controller and when i hit the nitrous it pulls 13 degrees of timing at wot instead of 3 like i had the controller set up for. what am i doing wrong? i looked through the instructions and at the setup of the interface and i looked it over and looked but im pretty sure that we have it right.

all advice is helpful! THANKS
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Launching!

I had similar situation on injectors and decided to go w/ red tops (30lbs). I'm no expert on this topic but from what I've read anything over 80% you should consider going to larger injectors for some margin of safety. As to the fuel pump, is your pressure dropping anytime during WOT run, especially towards the end. If not then the pump is keeping up.

As to HSW interface I think I have it figured out and I don't go by their switch X = X timing table. These switches are sending a temp signal through the IAT connection. Check the last page of the instructions and you can see which switch settings set what temp. Have your tuner look at Engine; Spark Control; Spark Advance; IAT Spark table. Figure out which temperature the interface is sending (based on switches set) and then look at that temp column in the IAT Spark table and you can see how much timing will be pulled. Adjust switch settings to use different temp column or adjust timing retard in the table itself.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not up the shot on the injectors. I would put some Race tronix 37lb injectors or SVO 30lb in it. For fuel pump I would go ahead and put a racetronix kit in it and be done with it..

We carry what you need. Let us know if we can help.
Dave
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

thanks a lot. its nice to finally somebody on here that knows something about the interface. ive searched ls1tech and have found virtually nothing on the way it works or how to set it up. i dont have my fuel pressure gauge installed yet so im not sure about the pump but everything felt fine when i spraed.

nitro dave how much is your 36lb injectors and yalls racetronix fuel system. you are welcome to pm me if youd rather do that. will post back later its time to go to work.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're going to go new. might as well get at least the flowmatched 42lbers, ractronix kit, and a new fuel filter if you haven't already.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02PWTRZ28
thanks a lot. its nice to finally somebody on here that knows something about the interface. ive searched ls1tech and have found virtually nothing on the way it works or how to set it up. i dont have my fuel pressure gauge installed yet so im not sure about the pump but everything felt fine when i spraed.

nitro dave how much is your 36lb injectors and yalls racetronix fuel system. you are welcome to pm me if youd rather do that. will post back later its time to go to work.
Off the top of my head Racetronix injectors are 332.00 and the fuel system is 339.00

Dave
Old 06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

im kind of low on funds right now so when i get ready to do it ill lt ya know something.

Search this Thread