Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, nitrous window swithchs

Old 06-02-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, nitrous window swithchs

I have a 2001 a4 Z28 with a 125 wet system. the car is on a Hypertech performance tune (not a custom dyno tune). I have ran 2 bottles through the car at 125hp with stock (ACDelco) with only a WOT switch. I have a set of NGK TR-6 plugs going in and going to add a window switch with a custom tune, and bumb it up to 150hp. I have done a few searches and on the "Dual Digital window switch" and the "Full Throttle timing tuner".

My question is, if I use the "Full Throttle timing tuner" do/should I still get a custom dyno tune?

The reason I ask is, the timing tuner adjusts the spark advance 'timing' to extract improved engine performance. The unit installs 'in-line' with the crankshaft sensor wiring and alters the signal that is received by the PCM. By shifting the crankshaft signal ahead or behind in time changing the spark timing in the engine.

The unit features activation delay, timing retard, and activation controls based on RPM (programmable window switch). The setup can be optimized for non-N2O driving and when the trigger wire is energized the secondary settings are activated. This ensures the optimum setting is always available both with and without N2O.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Other than adjusting the timming through tunning software the timming tunner and the MSD timming twister are the only things on the market I would suggest to reliably adjust timming.

If you do not want to have the timming set at max timming for NA performance the timming tunner will let you remove the timming when the nitrous is activated. As long as you have your airfuel dialed in you can just remove the timming through the timming tunner and you will not need any PCM tunning.

Dave

Search this Thread