Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS conversion alternator wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS conversion alternator wiring?

How do I connect my charging system to my stock 1964 C10 wiring?I'm using a stock harness from a 2003 Silverado and everything seems to work,but I need to know if I can do away with the voltage regulator on the '64 and how to wire it.
Thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

You should have a plug on the top of the alternator with a wire coming out of it and a post on the back of the alternator. The post on the back will connect to your charge wire which is going to connect to the post on your starter where your battery cable connects. The wire coming out of the plug on the top of the alternator needs to go to on side of an indicator light mounted on the dash(some place you can see) and the other side of the light needs to go to a switched 12v source. When you key the switched 12v the the light will come on and power will go to the alternator to pretty much turn it on. Once the engine is running and the alternator is charging the light will go off. If your alternator ever stops working the light will come on.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you are using the harness from a 2003 silverado the alternator is already hooked up for you. You can remove your factory 1964 C10 alternator regulator and wiring.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys.
I'll connect the wire from the fuse block to the battery and remove the rest!

Quick Reply: LS conversion alternator wiring?