Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much better

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much better

How much better is the fast 78mm intake than a ls6 intake? Is it really worth paying the extra 300-400 dollars for? Probably a stupid question but would like everyone elses opinion. I might as well say im done modifying my motter other than intake possibly a cam in the future. Any input please.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 78 mm FAST VS the LS6

Hmm, from everything I've seen both are about equal. There were a few graphs floating around that showed the fast make 1-3 more rwhp at PEAK but the two were basically = before that. I wouldn't waste time on the FAST 78 unless someone is selling it cheap. I had the FAST 78 back in 2005, it replaced my LS1 intake, and I saw 20 rwhp 15 rwtq increase. The ls6 intake would've got me very similar results. I got the FAST used and it was priced to sell, so I bought it vs buying a new ls6 intake. If you don't plan on doing a full bolt on with H/C then the ls6 should be plenty. If you do plan on h/c full boltons then I'd say wait until you got the money and get a used ported 90 combo when you put the cam in. It'll help you get the most out of your cam.