C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

02 Z06 Cd Changer help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Z06 Cd Changer help

Hello,

Well I wanted to install a stock GM 12 disc changer. I found a guy who said he had a COR-HAR harness and I bought it off him.

I received it and it is just a standard f-body harness. The cd-changer side is the same but the plug that plugs into the plugs by the fuse box is different.

I decided I should be able to figure out the pins. I have searched and searched and cannot find any pin out descriptions.

There are a total of 7 wires. I found where three of them (orange,green,grey) go and powered the changer up. It ejects the cartridge and cycles thru the discs.

However, I cannot get my head unit to switch to the cd-changer. I assume this is due to the other 4 wires not being hooked up.

ON the car I have a Green/White, Brown/White, black/White, and a bare stranded.

ON the harness I have a white, red, black, purple.

I assume the white and red are left and right and the black is the negative side for both speakers. There for the purple is what the head unit uses to communicate with the cd changer. I have plugged them in all configurations I could come up with but nothing seems to work.

Any input or schematics or confirmation that maybe cd-changer is broken would be GREATLY appreciated. I have spent the last 2 hours messing with this thing.

Also I put 2 cd's in the changer in case it had to have discs in it.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thru some creative IPOD instruction reading and guess work I have figured it out. Hopefully this info will help someone searching in the future.

To convert an F-Body pinout cd changer harness to work on the C5 Corvette instead of the COR-HAR.

Remove the pins from the plug on the side that is suppose to plug into the radio.

The Orange, Purple, and Grey wires will need the pins cut off. They will attach to the three wire plug. I slid them into the holes for pins then taped them so they cannot come out.

Orang --> Orange

Purple --> Green

Grey --> Black/White

I modified the other pins to just slide onto the male plugs pins. shrink tubed around them so they could not touch.

White --> Brown/White

Red --> Green/White

Black --> Stranded/Unshielded wire.

The Green from the harness is not used and the black/white on the 4 wire plug is not used. Hook that up and you will hear a weird beeping along with the music.

Hope this helps someone.