Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pan Help Requested

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Pan Help Requested

I'm doing an 6.0/4l80e swap into a 68 Chevy truck. My issues so far are the height of the intake & the depth of the oil pan when trying to get the motor in the proper location. I'm utilizing an aftermarket crossmember so it's not a standard C-10 truck swap.

From what I've read on the 'Oil Pan' sticky, it seems the Caddy CTVS pan is shallow like the f-body & utilizes the truck style windage tray.

If this is correct, I would need the Cad pan, pump pick-up, pick-up o-ring, dipstick, dipstick-tube, & oil pan baffle. Does this sound correct?

If so, I'll hit my local dealer today for the parts, remove the taller truck intake & re-try stabbing the drive train.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not seen what a Truck Windage tray looks like, I can tell you that the F-Body only covers 3/4 of the block and that the CTS-V cover the full block. The CTS-V is about 1"+ deeper in the Sump of the pan. It is able to use a full windage tray due to the pan being deeper in the front as the F-Body is not deep enough to allow a full tray in the front.

Yes, you should uses all of the associated parts for the CTS-V, many are starting to use the Hummer LH8 pan with is simular to the CTS-V but has a short (front to rear) and a bit deeper in the sump area.

This is a picture of the F-Body (been notched) and the CTS-V

Old 06-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Teching In

I read the windage tray info in the 'LS Oil Pan' sticky. I was hoping the info was correct as that would keep me from having to disturb much on the bottom end:

Cadillac CTSv :
Capacity: 5.5 qts
Oil pan: 12577901
Oil pump pickup: 12577906
Windage tray: 12558268 (same as Truck "C/K)
Dipstick tube: ?
Dipstick: ?
O-ring for Oil pump pickup:?
Oil pan baffle: 12577904
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Seeing if there's any more info out there.... TTT.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Teching In

I spoke w/the manufacturer of my front crossmember & he said I would need the f-body oil pan. I was looking @ the different pans & p/n's & don't see differences as far as the dipstick locations.

I know the truck 6.0 I have has the dipstick in the block. Do some LS equipped vehicles have the DS in the block while others have them in the pan?

If anyone has done the swap from the truck pan to the f-body pan, what should I expect (oil level sensors the same etc.....)?

Quick Reply: Oil Pan Help Requested