Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else trying to make horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else trying to make horsepower?

What’s up? So I get an e:mail from Lm7 saying “I should chime in” and I feel like a moron that I didn’t know about you guys way before now. There is a ton of info out there some good and some not so good but all in all tons of good stuff to know.

Anyway, I own a Truck I have been busting my ***** to get right, I went to a company here in AZ which messed everything simple up and so I had to take them to court (still in process) and prove to them there negligence or ignorance for that matter.

So I now after working with some other companies who know what they are doing, it has turned out to be better (thus far) than I could have imagined.

The truck has a 6.0 Vortec block in it but it has been done up with a SCAT Billet crank some Lunati Rods and JE custom Pistons making it a 408 ci motor. I had the Heads re- worked and the CNC job is better than before it also has the Roller Rocker kit in it, new push rods and some new roller lifters with a new COMP Cam.

I also incorporated an ATI D1SC Supercharger with an oversized Intercooler, and a wet NOS system for the extra kick in the paints. A narrowed Ford 9” w/ Detroit Lockers and some slicks should help harness the bad boy.

We are going to throw this thing on the dyno in a week or so and we are expecting huge numbers – we shall see. I also had the Headers sent out to have them coated with HPC’s new Hyper Tech coating which is used by a ton of 24 hour Le-mans and 12 hour Sebring guys. This stuff can reduce the under the hood temps by up to 56% so I guess I am the labs test rat here as I will fill you guys in on how it worked out. – To bad I didn’t take temps under the hood before sending them out to get a baseline but I am in AZ and it is friggen hot here - what more do you need to know?

There are pics linked below and the covers of the Magazine issues my truck has shown up in and I plan on not making much more noise in the rags as I am not a huge fan of show trucks. I did not build this truck to simply just sit there and look pretty I built it to kick some major a** and if it looked good in the process then so be it.

With this Truck I wanted to beat my ZO6, or a 911 or a Viper and possibly hang with some of the leader class (1000’s) sportbikes or maybe a gutted/ stripped 500+ imports. I wanted to see the look on their faces when they lost to a 4,000 + lb. brick of a truck – “dude you just lost to a pick up”.

So the dyno comes first, then the challenge to harness the power of this new motor putting it on the ground and then if that wasn’t enough trying to indeed beat those cars and convince them that yes it is a truck and yes you did just loose to it!

More later – you can check out new motor pics on my site www.mashedpedal.com

Later
Old 08-12-2003, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Anybody else trying to make horsepower?

Nice man Nice! I've been thinking a truck would be fun for my next project.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Teching In

A truck being mentioned in this thread was owned and built by me. Here is a link to a slideshow detailing some of the work on it.

http://www.mashedpedal.com/One_Bad_ass_Ride\ride.htm

I used to have this truck posted on my website however I sold that vehicle and no longer post any of my vehicles on my site for various reasons. I hope you like the pics in the slideshow and it should be up for viewing for some time to come. The truck was a show winning 2000 Silverado and was custom front to rear, NOS, ATI D1SC, 6.0 motor with SCAT billet 4.00” crank and many custom applications including a truck bed that rocked the show!

Enjoy watching the slideshow

Thanks

I have updated my website and posted pics of the Silverado and some other cool stuff on my home page http://www.mashedpedal.com

Last edited by Draz; 05-20-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should check out a guy on this board who goes by the handle "Parish" if you havent already. drives a big single turbo short bed, single cab z71 with a 408" motor (i think?). it looks bone stock from the outside, down to the 16" wheels and all-terrain tires

recently put down 767rwhp and 1000.7 ft/lbs of tq on a 125 shot

there a alot of videos of his truck smacking down some VERY fast cars, run a few searches and you will find them.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
That's what she said...

http://www.mashedpedal.com/One_Bad_ass_Ride/ride.htm

^^^^^thats the correct address for the truck's portion of the site, had a slash backwards ^^^^^

truck looks awesome! i like how you have the matching rear wheels for the drag tires that dual exhaust system looks amazing as well.

you look like a swoll version of the guy from king of queens on your site
Old 04-18-2005, 09:54 PM
That's what she said...

i just realized you were gravedigging on those first 2 posts
Old 04-19-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i just realized you were gravedigging on those first 2 posts
gravedigging, whats that?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lostpatrolman
gravedigging, whats that?
bringing a post back from the dead, ie replying to a really old post.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:02 AM
That's what she said...

seems like the draz guy and the "4 show not go" guy are the same person, he's searched for every one of his old threads (which are titled the same as this one but in different areas of the forum), and deleted the original posting
Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Ok first off I am not real savvy with these forums so I apologize for bringing up an old post instead of starting a new one. I had two user names back in the day because I lost my log in info and changed email so I couldn’t get my info mailed to me. I was the original owner of the truck and started tearing it down a week after getting it, I am not sure who owns it now. Some of you are saying I am “grave digging” this thread to get some glory from what I accomplished with my truck I now do not own. Nothing could be further from the truth I don’t even show any of my vehicles on my site anymore. I had just received emails from some folks who went to my site asking where the heck the pics on my site went, so I thought I could offer up a way to see it using this method. Didn’t mean to offend anyone or come across like a guy who has only busted his nut once in his life and wants to brag about it the rest of his life. I have done many vehicles most of them to the caliber of the truck you see in the slideshow I was just trying to offer a venue in which those who wanted could still see it.

I appeared like an *** my apologies just trying to help

I have updated my website and posted pics of the Silverado and some other cool stuff on my home page http://www.mashedpedal.com

Last edited by Draz; 05-20-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:50 PM
That's what she said...

i meant nothing by derogatory by saying "gravedigging"! it doesnt have that kind of connotation (in my mind at least.) most people who do it, do so to random threads that they did not start and make irrelevant comments.
like this:

2001 - what kind of cam should i get for my bolt on car?
2005 - an MTI c1 cam
next day 2005 - man my car is a twin turbo 427 now

i just thought this post had started recently because i've never seen that badass truck before. i wasnt trying to offend you in any way

truck looks awesome and i wish ya still had her to tinker with and BS with us about
Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks man nice to know i can make mistakes here too

Last edited by Draz; 05-20-2006 at 05:45 PM.