Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H/C/I car -- Replace MAF & Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default H/C/I car -- Replace MAF & Injectors?

Hello All,

My car is pretty much where I'd like it to be: heads, cam, ported FAST 92 mm intake and almost full bolt ons. Now that I have a nice 44x rwhp, 40x rwtq setup, would it be worthwhile to replace the stock MAF sensor with a larger aftermarket one? I've read up on replacing the MAF sensor and the opinions seem to be mixed....you guys have any thoughts about swapping it out on an almost maxed out stock cube 346?

I still need to check my injector duty cycle to see where I stand and am planning to swap that and the stock fuel pump to compliment my dry N20 setup. Given that the car is already a H/C/I car with an adjustible dry shot (up to 150), which injectors would you recommend?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good question...i'd like to know as well. btw, what's a 6M?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsodeputy61
good question...i'd like to know as well. btw, what's a 6M?

I think he means m6 as in 6 speed car
Old 06-03-2008, 11:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You aren't maxing that 346
out. I promise.

Last edited by orangeapeel; 06-04-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
You aren't maxing that 346
out. I promise.
Sure, there is plenty more I could do (bigger cam, better heads, etc.), however I'm pretty happy with my current setup. Do you think a new MAF would be worthwhile?

Sorry, the 6M in my signature was a typo....should've been M6 for Manual 6-speed.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, the 6M in my signature was a typo....should've been M6 for Manual 6-speed.[/quote]

i know, was just givin u a hard time....i see ur running the 92 intake, what t.b. do u have?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the stock MAF on my H/C/I/N2O car but was running SVO 42s and a Walbro 255
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do it go with a bigger lid too or that will still be a restriction. I am thinking of this too so please post up results if you try it
Old 06-04-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies. I'm honestly not sure what model tb I have...its what Ron at Vengeance sells with the ported FAST 92 intake (however I'm certain it isn't the FAST tb). I probably should find out specifically who makes the tb, however iwhen I bought it, I simply trusted Ron's judgment on what would match up well.

I've been leaning towards the SVO 42 injectors...they should have no trouble meeting my needs and then some.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Stay with your stock MAF, don't touch it, don't descreen it, leave it alone.

Rewind to my LT1 days - My car was a hot cam only car that never saw its potential. Went through several different mail order tunes, knock modules, etc. I had a descreened MAF in the car. I never really got around to finding the problems before I sold it, but looking back, it may have been the culprit.

Now, I have a H/C LS1 making the power you see in the sig. When I first swap the H/C, the car ran pretty crappy. Got a base tune done and was planning on going back for a dyno tune (Speed Inc. - AWESOME tuners). They told me my MAF was a bit dirty. Cleaned it up really well when i came back for the dyno tune.... they wouldn't even make a full pass on the dyno, cuz the thing was lean-screamin. Told me the MAF was shot.

They said they could throw a new one on, I gave the thumbs up. They recommended stock. Wasn't really a fan of spending $200 on an OEM part that could be replaced with an aftermarket but......Again, see power in the sig.... The car rips, is responsive as hell, WOT is explosive.... I wouldn't put anything else on now.

These are just my personal experiences, and are worth what you paid for them, but my 2 cents is the stock one is more than fine until u need to step up to an engine management system or speed density or whatever.

good luck