Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Dyno tune from N/A to nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dyno tune from N/A to nitrous?

Hey yo,

I recently got dyno tuned at Speed Inc. and made the power you see in my sig with my H/C setup. I'm really happy with the performance and setup right now, however after I get my 12-bolt and start hitting the strip, I would like to put it on the bottle and see what it can do.

My question: Is the N/A dyno tune I got on my current setup sufficient to just plug in a bottle and go? Or will it mess with my AFR too much on WOT that it could potentially cause problems? I have a pretty strong valvetrain, and am hoping to spray anywhere between a 100-150 shot depending on your recommendations.

Thanks for the input as always all.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Depends on the N/A air/fuel and timing set in your pcm. Also if you have enough fuel pump to support the additional nitrous. There are so many good kits and controllers to do what you want out there. Just give your tuner shop a call and see what they would recommend.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would say your going to have to back some timing off. I backed 4 degrees off for a 150 shot. (better to be safe than sorry) If its a wet shot you can get your air/fuel right with a jet change if needed. If you don't have a fuel pump you may as well add that in to your budget as well. There's no way the stocker is going to keep up with a H/C and spray car. The racetronix kit is really a nice piece.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Junkie

colder plugs.
bigger injectors (42lb min)
racetronix pnp kit
pull 4-8 deg of timeing
more fuel (either nozzle tune dry, wet kit, or you can use a tuneing software like i did to add fuel and pull spark)
Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Sounds good, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WheelmanWS6
Sounds good, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.
Is this the kit you said you would sell me 3 different times in two years? No hard feelings. Get yourself a 685 box. Flip the switch to turn the nitrous on, and the box pulls the timing. It does that and a few other little tricks to make your nitrous experience pleaseant. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Is this the kit you said you would sell me 3 different times in two years? No hard feelings. Get yourself a 685 box. Flip the switch to turn the nitrous on, and the box pulls the timing. It does that and a few other little tricks to make your nitrous experience pleaseant. Good luck.

Nope, I got back from Tennesse about a month and a half ago to find that the roof had leaked in the storage unit. The box with all the stuff in it was damp, and some condensation was on a bunch of the parts. I dried it up and let it air out, but there was some wetness on the wiring as well. I still have the stuff and am probably gonna toss it, cuz i don't feel comfortable selling it. If anything I'm just gonna bite the bullet and buy new. Anyways, I tried to meet up with you but we had pretty difficult work schedules. Wish we could have worked something out so this stuff didn't go to waste. I saw that you already got a nitrous setup anyways, how's it running?
Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not bad, Iv'e only sprayed it 4 times so far. I'm hoping with a few more small changes to put it in the high tens. For this year, a cm six point and driveshaft are going in. That and some other items. This will probably be the last summer for the stock trans, so I have to start saving for a real one for next year.
I picked up a used short block that will eventually be built. I'd like to run a 2-stage and put it in the low 10's.