Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Got a ticket for inspection

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a ticket for inspection

i got a ticket for my inspection expiring 05/07 on this past Sunday (6/1/08). the thing is that i went to get it inspected on that Friday (5/30/08), but it failed. I still have to drive the car but i thought that if you fail inspection you had 30 days to get it checked again. The ticket is 108+ all these bs fees they add on. so basically i'm asking, what should i do? its in pa btw.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you went to the shop for a sticker and it failed they scrae off the old sticker, slap a new one on the car and the cop would of seen that and gave you 30 days.

Did you really go to the shop? If you did then the guy never gave you a rejection sticker and your screwed.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Humanitarian

Ok I just read your state laws. What I said pertains to MA. PA blows. You need to give yourself enough time because if your car fails you still only have until the end of your current sticker, you people dont get the 30 day extension down there. WTF

http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/...e/brochure.pdf
Old 06-04-2008, 06:19 PM
12 Second Club

I have to wait till payday to get my car inspected. My sticker expired in May also. I've been lucky so far. Also I don't have no cats!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work in at a shop that did inspections. In Mass the rule is that if you fail for anything safety related (I.E. anything BUT emissions) you technically can't drive the car on the reject sticker. Emissions reject you can still drive it. Either way you have sixty days to get a free re-test. This used to confuse the hell out of everybody. Sounds like PA might be similar.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:20 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would consider it the stupid tax you need to pay for waiting until the last minute.

I'm suprised he wrote you a ticket though. When I lived in PA, I was pulled over once for the same thing. The cop was nice and I told him it was scheduled the following day (it was).
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

most cops are ****** about inspection in pa. buddy of mine bought a car and you get 10 days to have the car inspected but in the second day a cop gave him a ticket for not being inspected.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

How did you fail, if I might ask? what was it for because usually in PA its rather easy to pass since we dont have the smog stuff at alot of places
Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

My son is a state inspection mechanic.He states that pa doesn't have a rejection sticker.If the car fails,you have 30 days to fix but you should have been given a form/paper stating it failed and why.This would of/should of been given to the cop.Can only say to go back to the inspection station and get the form.Is macungie a emission part of pa cause I'm in philly burbs.We have both safety and emmissions
Old 06-05-2008, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

I live next door to him. I believe macungie has emissions, but it's only through your computer, not at the tail pipe(I.E. they read your O2's). He had long tubes put on, and I don't think he's had it tuned. Sorry to hear this **** happened to ya man, if it's a local cop, you could get lucky and get off. If you have to see the District Judge Crawford, he's pretty cool, and if you show him your not a jack-off you can get a free pass a lot of times. I don't think your record is too bad is it?

Edited because I misinterpreted the first message.

Last edited by 99Hawk6spd; 06-05-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

i failed because my cat was apparently too close to my brake line and was heating it up to much... which is true, i checked it out. but anyway, it was a state cop when i was coming off of the turnpike. As for my record... this is my 1st ticket.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Regular

That sux dude I do think thats a joke about it being to close to the brake line. There is lots of people out there with f bodys with lt's and a catted y and they dont seem to have any problem im not sure how your car or y pipe was put together any different. U should of told them your not road racing the car. Im sure if you would of had a problem you would of had it by now but I could be wrong. But yea im thinking they should of givin you some kind of paper work stating that you tried to get it inspected but you failed and have 30 days to fix it.