Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After 6 months the nitrous is in! (pics and vid inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default After 6 months the nitrous is in! (pics and vid inside)

First off let me send a big thank you out to Harris Speed Works, Nitrous Outlet, and Scoggin Dickey! They all helped me more than anyone could ask for and then some. Most of my kit came from HSW back during Christmas time when they had a huge sale. The guys there put up with my constant PM's and calls. I'm also pretty sure I asked them the same question multiple times and they continued to answer without hesitation. My window switch came from NO and it is a thing of beauty! Also Ray@nitrous outlet in particular helped me alot through PM's and h=is helping me right now as a matter of fact. My biggest thanks goes to Scoggin Dickey...he is the one that helped me install the whole thing this past weekend! If it weren't for him helping me wire it all it would have never got done! Here are pics and vids for you to enjoy.

In case anyone forgot me or what I drive here she is in all her beauty since people usually remember cars.

Time for the good stuff!

Window switch by the PCM

Purge

Here is the bottle

And of course a vid to show off a little bit more!

Last edited by porksoda; 06-04-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm digging that Duralast Gold battery :woot:

Looks clean man, nice install

-Will
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm just glad it's wired up and ready to spray, I'm happy to help you out any time. I've never had experience with one of Dave's window switches before, but I really liked it after installing yours. Wired up as easy as could be and was easy to program. You're car is incredibly clean for a 94 and it was a pleasure to work on it for you.

Jesse

I'm just waiting for someone to tell us the switch plate is upside down

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

LOL that is now a "Robert's special" custom switch plate since I had to hack it to make it fit. Little did I know the ashtrays were different.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I'm just waiting for someone to tell us the switch plate is upside down
I knew something looked funny....lol....looks like Jesse does it again!!! Custom fab work is ur thing...lol...did this one take a hammer to make work?..lol
Old 06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Very nice....looks like you guys took your time and paid attention to the details.

Glad we could be a part of your build.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

very nice.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice. a bunch of great sponsors we have here, glad your happy.
Robert
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice. I'd like to make one suggestion though. Get yourself one of the small fans like on the back of a computer. Cut a hole in the side of the glove box and mount it there to move some air for the 685 box.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Install looks great.. We have a switch panel that goes there that requires cutting nothing buy the way.....

Dave
Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

I actually like the panel I have since when it is lit up I can see it clearly, they are BRIGHT. I would probably leave something on and not notice the light since it is so small on your plate. No offense of course, some people just want to be more stealthy than the next. Out of curiosity though if I ever change my mind which of your plates fits my car? All I see on your site is a 93-97 automatic ashtray plate? I have a manual.

BTW the only thing I need now is an electric nitrous pressure gauge. Where can I get one that matches my Autometer Ultra-lite wideband?

Last edited by porksoda; 06-05-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Bro, it looks great. I am so jealous, but I am glad she is getting alot of love. Thanks for keeping me updated.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the nozzle is pointed up alittle make sure its pointed right down the middle, you dont want it spraying against the wall of the intake tube or TB.

Clean set up, good luck with it!
Old 06-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by porksoda
I actually like the panel I have since when it is lit up I can see it clearly, they are BRIGHT. I would probably leave something on and not notice the light since it is so small on your plate. No offense of course, some people just want to be more stealthy than the next.
That is one of the nice things about the panel you have.

Out of curiosity though if I ever change my mind which of your plates fits my car? All I see on your site is a 93-97 automatic ashtray plate? I have a manual.
The standard 3 & 4 button ashtray panels work in all Firebirds (93-02), M6 LT1 Camaros, and all LS1 Camaros.

BTW the only thing I need now is an electric nitrous pressure gauge. Where can I get one that matches my wideband?
Which wideband do you have?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

edited the post with the wideband.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Very nice install you got going there...Congrats

-Chris
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Nice install, looks good.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

I appreciate all the comments!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Ok so I tried out spraying today and don't know if it worked. I know the nitrous is getting to the solenoids because it purges just fine. It just didn't fell much faster and I used the 100 shot at 950PSI. I've never been in a car that sprayed before so I don't know what to expect. I just know that everyone says its so addicting, fun, and that they lose control and what not. Maybe my street tires and suspenson are working very good together.

It seemed to climb the the RPM's faster but it wasn't like the rear kicked out or I left twin rubber streaks. I guess tomorrow I will pull the nozzle out and go through a few RPM cycles and see if it is spraying. Will that work while the car is in neutral? I would have checked tonight but it was already dark by the time I changed plugs and went to try everything out and I don't want to wake the neighbors by revving the **** out of my car right now. LOL Also the bathroom scale got thrown away so i can't weigh the bottle. LOL Only thing I could think why it wouldn't be spraying is if it isn't reading the voltage correctly from the TPS. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Last edited by porksoda; 06-13-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok so I tried out spraying today and don't know if it worked. I know the nitrous is getting to the solenoids because it purges just fine. It just didn't fell much faster and I used the 100 shot at 950PSI. I've never been in a car that sprayed before so I don't know what to expect. I just know that everyone says its so addicting, fun, and that they lose control and what not. Maybe my street tires and suspenson are working very good together.

It seemed to climb the the RPM's faster but it wasn't like the rear kicked out or I left twin rubber streaks. I guess tomorrow I will pull the nozzle out and go through a few RPM cycles and see if it is spraying. Will that work while the car is in neutral? I would have checked tonight but it was already dark by the time I changed plugs and went to try everything out and I don't want to wake the neighbors by revving the **** out of my car right now. LOL Also the bathroom scale got thrown away so i can't weigh the bottle. LOL Only thing I could think why it wouldn't be spraying is if it isn't reading the voltage correctly from the TPS. I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Figure anything out yet?