Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry kit....to wet kit...help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry kit....to wet kit...help

My buddy has a dry kit that he was running on his GTP and wanted to sell it to me for my 98 TA ws6 M6. I have a lid, Pacesetter LT and OR Y with a borla catback. I read the stickys but am still confused. My question is what will i need to switch it from a dry kit to a wet kit? I've heard the wet is a bit more realiable. I know i'll need the window switches..etc...But as far as the kit itself what needs to be changed?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

all you need is a dry to wet conversion package...

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=49&dept=11

....this will come with all of the fitting, lines solenoids, jets, etc.

Please let me know if you have any other questions
Old 06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tator98ta
My buddy has a dry kit that he was running on his GTP and wanted to sell it to me for my 98 TA ws6 M6. I have a lid, Pacesetter LT and OR Y with a borla catback. I read the stickys but am still confused. My question is what will i need to switch it from a dry kit to a wet kit? I've heard the wet is a bit more realiable. I know i'll need the window switches..etc...But as far as the kit itself what needs to be changed?
It never ever stops. The wet is not more reliable. Actually please give me one good reason why you would want to change over to a wet hit? The link is a long read but it has the info that the stickies do not cover. With the advant of the Interface, Dry plates and the NX style dry hit, really there is absolutely no advantage in going wet over dry, esp when you already have a dry hit IMHO. Use the money for an Interface and enjoy your current kit.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/626209-dry-vs-wet.html

Robert
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ I wouldn't say that there's no advantage. Dry is more expensive. Once you figure in Injectors, an interface and a tune.

And yes before somebody says it I know if you have a backfire it will cost more to repair it. Properly set-up and maintained wet kits don't backfire though.