Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Power & Better Fuel Economy ---> FTRA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More Power & Better Fuel Economy ---> FTRA!

With fuel prices being what they are, we have had a number of customers ask how they can improve their fuel economy. A great upgrate is our FTRA (Fast Toys Ram Air Kit). Not only does it improve HP, throttle response and lower ET's, it also typically improves fuel economy by 5-7 % !

The kit is able to do this by improving the volumetric efficiency of your motor. In short, it lets your motor take better advantage of it's displacement on each stroke and improves it's efficiency.

You can read an independent review at:

http://www.installuniversity.com/ins..._12.262000.htm

They saw a 5.7 % increase in fuel economy.

Considering the fuel savings, the FTRA will pay for itself very quickly and it will never wear out since it is made of strong T304 stainless steel.

We sell them for 181.99.

Here is the link to our catalog:

http://fasttoys.net/shop/product_inf...products_id=28

Thanks!

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any chance you guys would do a GP on these since it seems like it would be a popular seller with gas prices the way they are?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:33 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN
Any chance you guys would do a GP on these since it seems like it would be a popular seller with gas prices the way they are?
We tried one earlier this year and there didn't seem to be enough interest. If there are 10 people that are interested, we can definitely do something.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

I'm interested.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do the GP how much would you save. Im interested.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm interested as well
Old 06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Ordered mine yesterday. Cant wait to get it!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
We tried one earlier this year and there didn't seem to be enough interest. If there are 10 people that are interested, we can definitely do something.

Thanks
I'd be interested if the price is right!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

is this like the Slp kit....cause i have that one on my car and i notice a difference when i put it on.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I'd be interested in a GP. However, can you explain to me how increasing the VE of an engine improves its fuel consumption? Increasing VE most certainly increases power, but increasing VE also requires more fuel to be added to maintain your target AFR. This would increase the amount of fuel consumed at the same RPM even though the engine is running more effeciently, unless of course you change your gearing to take advantage of the increased power at lower RPMs.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

If the price/claims are right, i'd definately be interested.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

back in the day, i made similiar scoop item, from plexiglass and industrial epoxy
it def. made a diff., on a stock car. lasted for yrs.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

When will orders ship out. I ordered mine on wedensday and was hoping to have it soon.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Default Gp

Here is what we will do. We have a production run in progress right now on our ram air kits. If we receive 10 orders, the GP price will be 165.00 + shipping.

You must mention LS1 GP in the comments section of your order to get the GP price if you order online at our web site. You can also call us at 877-955-4896.

You will not be charged until we have enough GP orders and when the kits are ready to ship.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Thorny
I'd be interested in a GP. However, can you explain to me how increasing the VE of an engine improves its fuel consumption? Increasing VE most certainly increases power, but increasing VE also requires more fuel to be added to maintain your target AFR. This would increase the amount of fuel consumed at the same RPM even though the engine is running more effeciently, unless of course you change your gearing to take advantage of the increased power at lower RPMs.
You are right that an increased amount of air will result in an increased amount of fuel. However, without having detailed airflow analysis available, we would believe that the ECU was programmed by GM to take into account a factory VE and any increases in air above that likely result in a slightly leaner a/f ratio which would improve fuel economy. Also, because the FTRA is allowing the motor to breath cooler air, the IAT readings will be lower and computer will add some more timing. Pumping losses would also be reduced when air is being forced into the motor instead of only coming in under vacuum. It is basically free energy created by the foward movement of the vehicle to assist with filling the cylinders.

Some amount of all of the above are contributing to the increased fuel economy FTRA owners are experiencing.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

Does this affect ground clearence or add any risk when driving in the rain?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by xRelapse13
Does this affect ground clearence or add any risk when driving in the rain?
It does not affect ground clearance at all. There is a slight risk of water ingestion if you should hit a very deep puddle and cause a wave of water to fill up the duct and overwhelm the filter in a sufficient quantity to cause hydro-lock. It is extremely rare but a possability. We do include a block off plate to disable the kit for driving in poor weather which you can use to prevent this from occuring. The FTRA is the only kit on the market that does include a block off plate. It can also be used for testing purposes
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just order a FTRA from a sponsor on this board that sells your FTRA yesterday and now there is a group buy :/

Anything you can do for me? I'm not sure its shipped out yet.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

I installed my FTRA and drove to virginia 6 hours away the next day and just my luck it started raining bad! and i mean bad, i couldnt see about 6 car lenghts in front of me at some points on the highway cause of the rain but i kept going like 75-80 for a few hours, it was raining the whole damn time i think the rain clouds were following my a**, but anyways i averaged 75-80 for a few hours until i got pulled over for speeding then i went the speed limit (70) the rest of the way home. when i got home i checked the filter and it was dry as a bone!, i think the only way your gonna get water up there is if you drive through some real deep water. at the time i only had a borla catback and lid and i averaged 27.2 MPG.. i never ran it on the freeway before so i couldnt tell you how much it improved...