Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Trying to figure out everything I need for a 9 inch

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out everything I need for a 9 inch

Sorry I raced FWD for years. I'm trying to figure out what I need so I can puchase one with in in the next month or so.

I have a 99 M6 I and the car is not my DD its my toy. First I was wondering if the car came with some type of posi I was told it did but I cant feel it on the track. I not only drag race but I will also road race and autoX the car. Power wise I will be setting the car up to run low 12's. This is the kit I think I want, besides ordering 4.10's is there anything else I need.

Moser 9 Inch housing and axles with torque arm bracket
Your choice of axle spline
Narrowed housing, no extra charge.
$1,050.00 Free Shipping by UPS
Options:
Drain Plug $35.00

Lower control arm relocation brackets supplied and welded on $100.00
Anti-roll bar brackets supplied and welded on for using BMR anti-roll bar $50.00
ABS 3 channel option $175.00
Old 06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blueghost6789
Sorry I raced FWD for years. I'm trying to figure out what I need so I can puchase one with in in the next month or so.

I have a 99 M6 I and the car is not my DD its my toy. First I was wondering if the car came with some type of posi I was told it did but I cant feel it on the track. I not only drag race but I will also road race and autoX the car. Power wise I will be setting the car up to run low 12's. This is the kit I think I want, besides ordering 4.10's is there anything else I need.

Options:
Drain Plug $35.00

Anti-roll bar brackets supplied and welded on for using BMR anti-roll bar $50.00
You may wanna ask about the A20 axle roller bearing option , instead of the standard axle ball bearing if you decide to autocross and do road courses.
I didn't and because of that, I am going through a pair of ball bearing axle bearings a every year .
Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Call eric at Midwest Chassis & Performance for fabed rearend. Get a truetrack with 31 splin axels and a alu center section. It will be less weight and a good price.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueghost6789

Options:
Drain Plug $35.00

Check this link out.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1116

You need to have a Moser center section equipped with their 3 channel option in order for it to work. Bob