Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut out, cat back, and TD info!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut out, cat back, and TD info!

Got a few burning questions.

1. Is there any way to make a TD system legal when using longtubes? I just came back form an exhuast shop and asked if they could take a TD system weld my magnaflow cats to the end of my LT's then run the X-pipe but they still said that was illegal... lame but whatever.

2. The TSP rumbler catback have decent flow? donsent really matter cuz...

3. Gonna toss a cut out in there. And thats my last question. How are the power gains and sound gains with a cutout over running it through the aformentioned catback.

Thanks!

Also looking into other catbacks... money being sent to whoever on the 15th.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

technically longtubes no matter wht are illegal, having cats will help incase u evr go through a visual check, also wht state do u live in?...the tsp have a pretty good flow to it, i would compare it to the flow of say a loudmouth system, as far as the cut-out goes it will b alot louder, i had a cutout on my car with lt's and the stock catback and yes it was loud, at times it sounded like i was driveing a dumptruck ....but as far as power goes u might c a little increase, it seemed to me tht whn i had mine open i lost some low-end torque, and gained some top end power...hope this helps
Old 06-05-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you've got longtubes then you're already illegal. Messing with the cats in anyway is illegal, but that doesn't mean you can't get away with it . The reviews seem to be pretty good on the Rumbler catback for flow and sound.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my cutout with longtubes and o/r y pipe