Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

House of Torque (formerly Tri-Star performance)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default House of Torque (formerly Tri-Star performance)

Took my car to House of Torque to get a CLUTCH put in. Now my car is at the dealership with a thrown rod!!!!! Of course they say they didn't even drive the car hard. It took almost three weeks for them to admit theyr'e going bankrupt!!!!!! Rob Segura (RSR679)I thought was a good guy, but honestly my car was idling and threw a rod? I really wonder. Anyway heads up to anybody that has anything to do with these people BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did the dealership take it apart? Most likely not. And last time I checked dealerships

If your car threw a rod it wouldnt really be running.

Clutch was put in. Had to go into it like three times because of the bad flywheel that was braught to us by you. So the car obviously had to go outside of the shop to make shure it was disengaging properly. he went around the block, car was in front of the shop idling. And thats when it started knocking. If it threw arod it would be a simple knocking sound with the car continuing to idle.

Your welcome for everything that the previous guys have done for you thus far and you come back saying all of this. Very mature. Were you not aware of the risks involved with hotrodding. Last time I checked you dont get a warranty with an aftermarket motor. Maybee 90 days at a few places but thats it. Its all part of the game.

Also how do you drive your car. We dont know. Maybee you beat on it all the time and you drop it off just before it decides to go and blame it on House of Torque. Its been at least a year since youve been driving the 500/500 all motor 402. You werent expecting it to last for 36,000 miles and have House of Torque cover it under warranty.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...179&highlight=
Old 06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Took the car apart today luckily so far a rocker is broke. I feel better about the outcome of this. I still did'nt like being told theres nothing we can do for you. They also told me they checked the rockers and all was well. I'm still glad the problem looks minimal
Old 06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Purplegoat
Took my car to House of Torque to get a CLUTCH put in. Now my car is at the dealership with a thrown rod!!!!! Of course they say they didn't even drive the car hard. It took almost three weeks for them to admit theyr'e going bankrupt!!!!!! Rob Segura (RSR679)I thought was a good guy, but honestly my car was idling and threw a rod? I really wonder. Anyway heads up to anybody that has anything to do with these people BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!
Why in the world would you post this in here? There's proper area for feedback and this sure isn't it. Not mature what-so-ever.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wtf is all this?